1.8T , Side mounted Intercoolers.... ?

2stroke

Reaction score
Engine: 1.8T
Engine code: BFB & BEX

:help: Where do I get side mounted intercooler/s that has greater volume and better flow than the Original ? :help:

BEX has two side mount intercoolers, you could get the drivers side one from a breaker and the associated pipework, you will also need the bracket for the SAI Pump, it's located slightly different, it's all bolt on stuff.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

BEX has two side mount intercoolers,
you could get one from a breaker and the associated pipework.
It's all bolt on stuff.
Yes, I'm aware of the BEX doubble IC.
I was thinking some IC with better flow then the Original IC.

Yes, I'm aware of the BEX doubble IC.
I was thinking some IC with better flow then the Original IC.
Well BFB has one, so two would be an improvement. BEX is capable of decent hp power before intercooler upgrade is needed.

I got two oem side mounts in the shed from my 2.0 tfsi b7 there capable of upto 300-320hp easily

yes, I'm aware of that.

Good idea !
But do they fit the hoses/piping of the 1.8T ?
Not sure on that one, if the 1.8t’s have side mounts then I'm sure you could make something work, theres always a way if your willing to try hard enough, you may need to get the pipework from the 2.0tfsi and make a Frankenstein out of the two.

Not sure on that one, if the 1.8T’s have side mounts then I'm sure you could make something work,
you may need to get the pipework from the 2.0 TFSI and make a Frankenstein out of the two.
This is the exploded view from ETKA
18T BFB  B7
18T BEX  B6
20 TFSI

Doesn't look like it's going to work. Turbo placement is quite different, BEX parts is the easy bolt on option.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Totally agree with @QuattroCalum makes sense to use the bex set up as an easy upgrade other than that your have to pony up for an aftermarket front mount.

Reactions: QuattroCalum