1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8T Shudder at Idle

MrBean31 Oct 1, 2018

1. MrBean31

MrBean31 New Member

Hi,

I have a idle issue very occasionally i get a slight shudder, on Block 32 my adaption idle is 5% the engine is running rich also having random misfires on all cylinders mainly cylinder 3.

I have smoke tested the engine and found nothing
    New coils, haven't done sparks yet they are quite black.
    None of the vacuum lines look damaged, the PCV system seems to be working fine.

Its driving me insane, has anyone had similar?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. QuattroCalum

QuattroCalum Well-Known Member saloon Audi A4 Black Edition Saloon Manual

There are so many things that can go wrong on the 1.8t engine. Mostly pcv system.
    First check the crankcase breather pipe that exits the block below the inlet manifold, famous for breaking.
    Then I would check the pcv one way valve, that can upset fuelling although it is usually accompanied by high idle speed but not always.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

4. MrBean31

MrBean31 New Member

Have checked and replaced all of that, don't seem to have any issues but thinking about cleaning the metal pipe after the engine block, recently been playing with the fuel pump plug that made a difference to the performance and the vibrate seemed to go away but has come back so still go some playing around to do.

5. QuattroCalum

QuattroCalum Well-Known Member saloon Audi A4 Black Edition Saloon Manual

Fuel filter needing changed maybe.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk