1.8T Question

Phantom_A4

Reaction score
Hi guys, time has come for me to part with my 2.4v6, unfortunately there aren't enough cost effective power modifications i can do it. I've only just turned 20 so most other cars are out of my reach at the moment, unless i get a pay rise :p and really love the b5 shape.

So I am currently looking for a high spec 1.8t, the main thing i want is the digital centre console display, as i dont like the normal knobs you get. Can anyone tell me what year these were introduced or if i can actually get them? Also looking for the steering wheel with the chrome audi rings and a large circle, circling them, as again i dont like the plain steering wheel lol.

Have looked at a few 1998 1.8ts and just cant seem to find the options im looking for :(

Any help at all is greatly appreciated :D

I would also look out for Quattro if you can find one in your price range as your love it.
What’s the budget and what are the extras your looking for also my 97 2.8 (not suggesting my car) has comp displays both in the dash and centre so earlier cars do have them just different from the face lift A4's.

Cheers guys, so 98.5 and up ill look at, just colour now :D

Was mainly looking for the digital centre console display and chrome ringed steering wheel lol. As i prefer it to the plain one, and aren't keen on the original knob controls.

Have about 4/5k To spend on a low mileage one at the moment, just depends if the right one comes along :). I have looked at your 2.8 as well, but the not to sure on ins group on these, or the fuel cost as i do a lot of town driving lol.

Would love to buy the 2.8 though, cause i will miss the v6 roar you get!

The 1.8t around town does nearly half the fuel of a 2.8 so if fuel is an issue then go for that. And you should br able to pick a nice Quattro for that with a few miles on it.

Well i will work near brighton, so about 3 to 4 miles is start stop traffic which would be a nightmare on petrol atm. Definetely looking for the Quattro version, preferably the 180bhp one so it would be a step up in power from mine!

when you say digital controls, are you just referring to the climate control? If so, then there were two versions, all included in SE models+ or ones that had climate spec'd as an option. Then as already stated, it was facelifted in the 99.5 models.

Phantom A4 - i am from around your area, so maybe once mines up and running (no engine at mo.) we could maybe meet up? i have a front drive late 98 1.8T sport

Definetely Chap!

Well theres a few other guys on here too, that live close, so we can arrange a mini meet :)!

Dan Gliballs - who lives about 10 seconds away
Randomjim - who's from chi
And yourself :) !!!

Phantom_A4 said:
Definetely Chap!

Well theres a few other guys on here too, that live close, so we can arrange a mini meet :)!

Dan Gliballs - who lives about 10 seconds away
Randomjim - who's from chi
And yourself :) !!!

Yep, count me in ;)

My 96 1.8T sport has got the digital climate on it so it must be from 96 onwards. It does seem pretty well specced though, it's got elec windows in the back, wood kit, remote locking, centre arm rest, full VAG history and cost £1800. Bargain! And it's areally unusual turquoise colour which i've only seen on one other and that was an Avant.

Sounds like the buyer was a bit of an option happy customer lol. Trying to look for a facelift model though aswell, so other things like headlights etc are uprated.

Thanks for the info though, sounds like you got an extemely good deal for the price!! :D