1.8t performance exhaust

ccm1

Reaction score
anybody know where i can pick up full stainless system for the 2wd 1.8turbo cars?

i have one on it atm, which is custom made, but its only 2.5" but im gonna put the car on the rollers and get it mapped, so im looking for a 3" free flowing system to get the best out of the engine.

dont think you will gain anything ona stock (unchipped) 150bhp engine going from 2.5 -3".

do you have a CAT? either gut it, ditch it or splash out on a sports CAT if you do, much more likely to produce some top end headroom and response.

A 3" downpipe is the bench mark size for chipped/remapped cars.

I went from the stock system to a Miltek Sports Cat (100 cell) and 2.75" system without so much as a seats of the pants increase. sounds nice, but did nothing. felt more responsive and I am sure it will help if I ever get round to dropping in the bigger turbo and engine but it is bang for buck less productive than a remap or other mods

its not standard mate, stainless equal length manifold, k04 turbo and a front mount intercooler.

gonna get the exhaust done and get it mapped at A for Audi in glasgow.

just looking for a stockist that aint looking for stupid money like £1500 for a full system.

apart from the 034 system i cant say i`ve seen an off the shelf 3" system. You`d have to get one custom made or import the 034 system. Although be cheaper to get one made local to you.

yeah i think i may just order some stainless 3" pipe and buy a pipe bender and throw one together.

quire an expensive way to go about it though as stainless pipe aint cheap.

You need to mandrel bend the pipes to give the best flow. A pipe bender uses compression bends so every curve put in the pipe causes a slight restriction and will hamper the gas flow. Get hunting about for a Milltek system, they can still be sourced and in my experience they are superb. You could go custom with companies like Hayward & Scott producing superb bespoke systems. Avoid Powerflow at all costs as they are total tat and in almost every case I've seen of them on the rollers they have caused a loss in power over the standard item they replaced.

Exhausts are very complex mate, there's a lot more to it than just some bent pipe under the car

£600 gets you a milltek, CAT bypass pipe and you are laughing.

why did you go for a tubular mani on a KO4 out of interst? that must be worth more than the turbo

£600 gets you a milltek, CAT bypass pipe and you are laughing.

why did you go for a tubular mani on a KO4 out of interst? that must be worth more than the turbo

i got it off a guy i know who used to supply them, used to make them himself too and he was very good at it, just wasnt cost effective.

including a set of OEM gaskets it cost a grand total of £80, thats the only reason im using it with a k04.

Milltek, I had a bespke system made for mine at their HQ:

SNC00597.jpg

A4_Cab_MTK_System_2_wm.jpg

A4_Cab_MTK_System_1_wm.jpg

^ That looks wicked! Like the clamps too. My Milli is practically on the floor and the clamps don't help as they hang down a far bit too.

These guys do some very nice bespoke work and only place I know of that can do a true 3" mandrel bend.

A lot of B5 S4 guys seem to rave about the X systems, aparently they're inexpensive and sound really, really good. Just fitting takes some patience by all accounts.

that looks pricey!

BTW, what are those straps under the rear on the second pic? shaped like a V? mine doesnt have those

Correct! The Convertible's have braces to help make the structure stronger - they are a pain in the backside as after these pictures were taken I had to have some gromitts made to lower them more, and on standard suspension they sit just over an inch from the ground - but on the flipside, everyone who follows my car and who then speaks to me thinks it's some some of 500bhp engine hiding away due to the extreme set up at the back lol!

i saw that system and it looks the dogs.

got a funny feeling it would be slightly out of my price range unfortunately.