1.8t injector seals

madmike01uk

Reaction score
Finally had a good poke around the engine and noticed my injector seals are weeping, so me being OCD I will have to sought this, you need 8 new seals, 2 per injector, they are about £5 each from the dealers so not a cheap job, what I have found is a company that sells the exact same seals for £6 for a pack of 10.

Here's the link BS203 3.53mm Section 7.52mm Bore VITON Rubber O-Rings Simply Bearings Ltd

I will be ordering some tonight.

Hopefully this will save some others some cash.

Mike

Good find. I've noticed the same on mine. I was going to clean the area and monitor it but I may just buy the seals just in case

So glad you posted this up, was about to order myself a full set from tps tomorrow

Had a check of mine this evening, mine are also starting to weep a bit, thanks for the link gonna get some ordered. Cheers Mike

Well changed mine today, had a bit of a nightmare that two of the plastic clips that hold the seals in place snapped off, be very careful when removing the old seals!!! Spoke to a mate who said it should be fine without them, they seem to just stop the seals coming off when you remove the injectors. The car runs fine with no hunting at idle and no loss of performance so all seems good.

Well from searching around it seems like you shouldn't run the car when the injector pintle has broken off, managed to find someone who offers a complete service kit including replacement pintles so have ordered them, I've taken the injectors of the car in preparation for them arriving tomorrow.

you can get the kits from here

Bosch 0280155 0280156 fuel injector service ovehaul kit 18 - Mr Injector uk

hopefully it will all be sorted for me tomorrow.

cheers

mike.

Get thread ' I happened to notice last night that cylinder 2 & 3 are weeping so I want to get this sorted, so should I just get the seals or the whole overhaul kit? , looking at the Mr injector website there seems to be to kits for the 1.8t, would anyone be able to tell me what I would need for my B7 BFB enigne . Cheers

For the sake of the extra fiver you're better off with Mr. Injector's kit as madmike linked to. Seems likely the plastic caps would go brittle after 94k miles (in my case) of heat.

I have no idea though if my 1.8T BEX standard injectors (should be Bosch part 0 280 156 061) want thick or thin lip pintel washers. I've emailed Mr. Injector to ask.

Yours should be the thin ones. I never bothered changing the filters, it wasn't obvious how to do so.

I have also contacted Mr injector through eBay , he asked for the part number from the injector, should be able to to me what kit I need from that

For reference my injector number is 0280156065

Last edited:
Just coming back to update having completed the injector service.

Firstly, I think it's crucial you get the kit from Mr. Injector with the additional components (filters & pintels). Unless you have the special pintel removal tool you won't get them off without breaking them, as madmike suggests above. Having new ones makes the job easy because you can prize the old pintels off with a flathead, then pop your new ones on.

I removed the injector nearest the radiator first (after depressurizing the rail) and found most of the fuel (and there wasn't much at all) came out as that injector was removed. Next to no spillage from the other three.

Mr. Injector kits come with a note that you should lubricate the seals with Dot 4 brake fluid, so they nestle back in smoothly and with no damage. I did this. £4.99 for a little bottle from Halfords.

Finally to get the injector filters out, remove the injector first and take a gauge 7 screw, screw it in a little (around 7mm), then place in a vice or somewhere firm and yank it, holding the injector. Only place the screw head in the vice! Not the injector! Takes a bit of a wiggle and a big tug at the same time. They're in there pretty good.

Madmike: I'll let you judge by the picture below if you think it's worth doing yours or not.

Filters

Just finished replacing the seals, kit brought from mr injector amazing service , replaced all seals , I'm with s3tby I replaced the filters also, they were filthy, overall quite an easy job.