1.8t help please...

jimbob79

Reaction score
Hi folks,

It appears my head gasket has gone on my bex 1.8t, i had a similar incident a couple months ago and thought it was the oil cooler, i changed it, flushed the coolant and its been fine until this morning.. a friend is gonna strip it down for me so at the moment i dont know if the head is scrap or not?
I have a friend of a friend who had an AUM head for sale. My question is: Whats the difference between the AUM and BEX? I know the bex is the 190 engine with KO3s, so will the aum head fit?

Any help will be much appreciated.. thanks

Jim

I can't see why not, after all I have an ARY head off a 53 plate TT on my 52 plate BFB. You can always have the BEX head skimmed.

p.s I did the work myself and there were zero issues. 30 % off EuroCarParts till 9.00pm if you need to order your new head gasket and new head bolts, use code FLASH30

Thanks quattrocalum. That is the answer i was hoping for.. essentially theyre all the same Just different turbos and maps id imagine.. just wanted to confirm it..

Hi quattro callum,

Head gasket fine apparently.. my mechanic friend couldnt find anything wrong, he flushed everything through and put it down to a blockage somewhere in the system? Im still not sure but the car has been fine since.. fingers crossed..

I suspect the PCV system, probably clogged at the crankcase breather pipe. Glad it wasn't the head gasket.