1.8t Forge Actuator ?

uprated actuators are good and certainly have their place, mainly n the fact they are replacing old 12 year old stock ones, which are weak and likely to not hold boost.

You will need the map tweaked to accommodate the new actuator but that should be easy enough for the tuner.

I believe forge did or do 2 types, one with a plastic grommet in it and one without or a metal one, Go with the metal one and ideally you need it to be about 12-14psi equivalent... I think they have different springs to adjust the tension..

Problem with Forge ones tends to be the lack of travel... don't know if they have changed the design recently but all the ones I have seen have limited travel...

As Dan has said you will need map tweaks to accommodate the increase in baseline actuator pressure else it will be producing boost spikes and potentially bring on limp mode...

<tuffty/>

My tuner said it won't be a issue tuning it and tweaking it. Will the lack of travel have a effect on anything?

Will this actuator help hold the boost on higher rpm? What exactly is its roll?

My current boost levels drop to 14-15psi near red line.

stronger actuator... (std is 5psi) will hold boost longer providing the compressor is still keeping up..
12-15psi is the range for uprated ones, but n75 duty cycle control WILL have to be changed to avoid the thing spiking boost to the moon and windowing your block.

I think forge have a piston actuator now.. Not used one myself, used their diaphragm ones before.. The plastic bush (blue thing) can melt in k04 environment, but they can do a phosphor bronze one also... Check with them which they will build as std... and if not std, ask for it. Travel is less (or was less on the diaphragm one) than an OE actuator, so choose the correct spring rate and dont rely on adding much preload to it as it will rob the already reduced travel. The piston one I dont know, so cant comment to its travel. I may ask for one to chuck on lupos hybrid to see.

check that your mapper can accomodate a wastegate x3 stronger than stock for the n75 control.

I have one on mine, but it was on there when I bought the car. Fitted & mapped by Star.
I cant really comment on a comparison as i've no frame of reference, but it's been reliable for the past 6 years.
The only issue I've had with it was a split diaphragm which ended up causing spikes.
Took ages to figure out as I never knew it was there.

Beach buggy actuator here! Car is perfect!

Definatly worth it as i should think your standard one is weak anyway, i cheated a bit and just used an external spring hooked over the end of the actuator arm and on the lip of the actuator. Tryed a few different ones and then settled on one that started cracking at 11psi, map will definatly need changing otherwise it will boost to the moon lol i personaly run a mbc in parallel to the n75 set at 25psi to hold down the spikes.