1.8t cabriolet B6 fuel pump location

Rickent39

Reaction score
Hi all , had a leaking pipe on fuel filter due to chaffing on the chasis.
Have cut the leaky bit out and clamped a new piece in as a temporary repair but need a new fuel feed pipe tgat runs from the fuel pump to the fuel filter, problem is tbe fuel pump is not where I expected it to be (under the rear seat) . Any info on where it is would be appreciated and also what needs to be removed to change tge fuel pipe.
Cheers.

Hi all , had a leaking pipe on fuel filter due to chaffing on the chasis.
Have cut the leaky bit out and clamped a new piece in as a temporary repair but need a new fuel feed pipe tgat runs from the fuel pump to the fuel filter, problem is tbe fuel pump is not where I expected it to be (under the rear seat) . Any info on where it is would be appreciated and also what needs to be removed to change tge fuel pipe.
Cheers.

The fuel pump is in the fuel tank, if you lift the rear seat and see a large round disc, remove the screws and remove the disc, you will see the fuel lines and a large locking ring that you unscrew. I'm not sure if you have to take the fuel pump out or not to replace the pipe maybe just from the top of the fuel sender unit.

Reactions: DrStrange
Cheers for the reply, but I have had the rear seat out and removed both covers and the passenger side just revealed the top of the tank and the drivers side revealed a lot of heat protective material as I believe that is where the exhaust sits.

The fuel pump is not under the seat, it was in my BMW, I replaced it last year, I tbought it was going to be in the same place but it isn't there. Baffling.

Will do , its the only place it can be unless it is mounted externally but I highly doubt that.

Now I have located the fuel pump, I need to rep,ace the main feed pipe from the pump to the fuel filter.
Does the tank just need to be lowered to make room for the pipe to be fed into place or is there enough room without lowering .