1.8t block options

Zans

Reaction score
hello,
I'm doing a rebuild on my APY 1.8t and need a new block because mine has a damaged cylinder wall.
I was at the junkyards today and found a couple of options:

-2 liter N/A bora engine from 1999 with 06A021F MEXICO stamped on the block

-1.8 liter N/A a3 engine from 1999 with a sticker on the timing belt cover that reads *AGN

-1.8 TURBO VW sharan engine from 2004 (it was inside the car and they didn't let me touch it)

Now what would be the best option for a block replacement? obviously the 1.8t from the sharan but it has different mounting points to the body so i'm not sure it would fit. Is it possible to use the 2l bora block with my APY head? or the N/A 1.8 block?

Thanks!!

Both.... no idea on drill/tap... may not even have the boss and/or the internal drillings...

Any 1.8t engine in a Mk4 chassis based car will do... Golf, TT, Leon, Octavia... Also, 9N Polo (trickier to source), Mk3/4 Ibiza

<tuffty/>

Both.... no idea on drill/tap... may not even have the boss and/or the internal drillings...

Any 1.8t engine in a Mk4 chassis based car will do... Golf, TT, Leon, Octavia... Also, 9N Polo (trickier to source), Mk3/4 Ibiza

<tuffty/>
Okay sharan it is then! thanks!

Sadly not where i live, most cars are diesels here
Fair enough everywhere I go it's all I see..which is good because i always take bits and Bob's from them i always take the little switches for the seats to put the seat up and down and random screws and bolts as lots seemed to be missing when I first got the car