1.8T (AEB) Cat wanted

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cat & intermediate pipe section for a 1.8T with engine code AEB

items circled in blue are the parts I'm looking for.
cat.jpg

Last edited:
how soon do you need them?
I will have a Milltek High Flow CAT and 2.75" Downpipe when I pull mine out within the next couple of weeks.

I have the OEM now but no CAT.

No desperate rush, just looking around at the moment. I know people are removing there cats, so wanted to register my interest in any going spare.

Ideally I wold like to keep the car standard, but how much would you be looking for your cat & pipe?

jcb i'd be very interested in the miltek cat and downpipe if B5nut isnt.

not sure TBH. its a £700 system (Turbo Back), think the CAT is quite pricey new but I bought it second hand so am not sure. it is still on so until then I will have a think
let me know if you want the downpipe, its just lying around here somewhere! call it a tenner and another tenner for postage for the OEM pipe

I think I would leave the miltek system, but very interest in the OEM pipe. Is the flexible joint still in good condition?

jcb feel free to send me a price for the turbo back system if when you remove it.
Cheers
Steve

last year i baught a new one from my local factors for about 70quid.

The downpipe is around the same from euro car parts.

I may have a spare one in about a weeks time. Will let you know chap.

Thanks.

I was hoping to get my hand on a genuine CAT rather than aftermarket, same with the section of pipe.

I had a genuine CAT and could not sell it for a quid!! ended up gutting it and selling it for a tenner!
for some reason they don't sell.
could try round the usual breakers or find someone who has deleted it....or just delete it!

I'll hang on for a bit longer, the car just passed it's MOT, and they said the CAT was on it's way out, which I believe, as the car has got just over 100K on the clock. I'm about to replace the CAT on my ADR engine A4 as that is 230K, which will be it's second CAT, I know that is on it's way out as it's making some interesting noises. So I figure Audi cat's are good for around 100-115K.