1.8T 163 tuning

A8UK

Reaction score
What other engine tuning options are available for a 1.8T 163bhp other than a remap?

A remap will take it to around 200bhp, is it possible to put a K04 turbo on it, how much do they usually go for?

Will the injectors be ok for over 200bhp or will i need TT injectors?

Is it posible to actually get nearly 250bhp from a K04 and injector upgrade? Thats what APR are claiming, http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/images/dyno_b6a4_k04_93_clean.jpg

Defo need to change the Injectors.
Id say them figures there are with the remap ( or did I not read it right)
You can swap to the K03 without a prob but the K04 needs a manifold to go with it if I remember rightly.

With a few more mods on top of that ie FMIC, even seen the Yanks and their Sports cats, I guess you can touch 265bhp!!

Yeah, the graph is for a K04 turbo, TT injectors and remap. I was looking at Audizine and they say you need a manifold. Many are people are running big turbo's on the stock manifold.

250bhp will be enough, FMIC are too expensive.

Im guessing i might have more power as the car on the graph is running on 93 octane fuel. 97 octane should give it a few more.

Last question, the TT injectors can be had very cheapily, but how much will the K04 turbo cost me? And what car is it off, is it the S4?

What other engine tuning options are available for a 1.8T 163bhp other than a remap?

A remap will take it to around 200bhp, is it possible to put a K04 turbo on it, how much do they usually go for?

Will the injectors be ok for over 200bhp or will i need TT injectors?

Is it posible to actually get nearly 250bhp from a K04 and injector upgrade? Thats what APR are claiming, http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/images/dyno_b6a4_k04_93_clean.jpg

The K04 and K03 are virtually the same unit. To the naked eye identical.

So you DO NOT need a manifold, the K04 will bolt straight on.

Probably a good mod on a 163 but the gain on my 190 would be minimal, maybe 10bhp/ 15lbft.

Yes 250bhp at the crank would be about right for a K04 A4. Don't forget that fuel in the US' isn't rated the same as over here - US 93 = UK 98

BUB :thumbsup:

...ooops Sorry MY mistake, I guess the Manifold is an option!

Guess we learn something new everyday eh:think:

Yeah, the Yanks seem to like the ATP mani's but the early ones had cracking issues.

A nice k04 hybrid to give 270bhp and 280lbft would be nice. Wait a minute Oettinger do just that.........

#OETTINGER turbocharger
#OETTINGER injector valve
#OETTINGER turbo intake pipe - aluminium
#OETTINGER down pipe in stainless steel
#OETTINGER sport catalytic converter
#OETTINGER main silencer in stainless steel
#OETTINGER rear silencer left/right in stainless steel
#Recalibration of the engine management

3760.jpeg

OETTINGER
max. power 199 kW (270 bhp) @ 6000 rpm
max. torque 286 lb ft (390 Nm) @ 2600-4500 rpm
0 - 62 mph approx. 6,2 sec
max. speed approx. 162 mph

I'm sure it could be done for less than half the Oettinger asking price (5k+ IIRC)

BUB :dribble:

Sorry to jump in here folks and i know its ages ago but is the k04 and injectors something that would work on my bog standard a4 163bhp? Is a map needed?

Its best to start a new thread, document what you want to do and we will help.

The reason being... this is a 7 year old thread.

A lot of extremley helpful memebers on here.

Reactions: jimmetal84