1.8 TQS Steering Rack

rupe

A3 TQS In Devon
Reaction score
Hello, having gone out to hoover the car this morning instead I was greeted by a nice puddle of fluid under the car which turns out to be power steering fluid, having had a look underneath it seems to be coming out of the passenger side boot on the rack, if I squeeze it, it pours out so I'm assuming the seal that end is shot.

What I 'd like to know is, is the rack specific to the quattro or can a rack be used from any A3 or maybe some other same platform car like a mk4 golf or a skoda octavia?(someone I know is breaking both) or can anyone recommend anywhere that sells decent refurbished ones as a new one from audi looks expensive.

The car is a 2001 facelift if that makes any difference.

Thanks
rupe

I used one from a golf but the heat guards are different and is wielded and needed cutting off and heat shields swapped over, would be better trying to get one from a quattro , because of the prop shaft, fitted one and it just bangs off the guard lol :) but am no pro just what I found

Okay I think I know what you mean from looking at lots of different racks! Hopefully got it sorted now and will have the correct one coming.