1.8 tqs clutch options?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
my clutch is getting a bit passed it now and judders pretty bad. i should have a chip in soon so more torque and i wouldnt be surprised if it starts to slip then.i know a single mass flywheel option would take more abuse but would a standard one be fine and with my clutch juddering will i need a new dual mass fly as well? i dont want to be spending lots of money getting something thats rated for loads of torque etc when a standard one will do fine for a daily driver.

A standard new clutch on a remap should be fine but if you are looking to add more power later then an after market item should be where you should be looking and Southbend are a good clutch to look at.

if its already started juddering, the chances are the DMF has had it.

Obviously you cant be certain, but worn clutches don't normally judder, the just slip. The judder is more likely to be the rubber blocks on the DMF deteriorating, so its likely it will need replaced.

If thats the case, it makes sense just to go for the 240mm single mass option, as the DMF is probably more expensive than the larger single mass unit, and the clutches will be similar in cost.

thats what i was thinking if the fly is goosed just get a single mass one. is there any other audi it comes from or is it custom?my clutch is not slipping now but i get the feeling that with the extra torque and 176k under it chances are it wont be happy.it is a pain that it judders mind you.

Doesn't come in any other Audi, I have 3 1,8T single mass units here.

And yes, they're custom, only way to go single-mass and lose weight into the bargain.

Available for OEM 228 clutch, or a meatier 240mm one.