1.8 t 163 remaps

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
i've only ever been a diesel boy but i've started to look to going back to petrol. Currently i'm looking at the 2.0t but also looking at the 1.8t cabriolet. What kind of power can you squeeze out of the 1.8 ? i presume it will go quite a way but i'm looking towards a remap and probably an exhaust. I know the cabriolet will weigh a bit and quattro won't help and i'll miss the shove of a 2.0tdi with remap but i need to look at my options :)

I'll rescue this as no one else has replyed!

With a power map you will be able to get another 45bhp and 65nm of torque.

yer you'll be able to get it to around 200hp, at which point the turbo will be pretty much flat out and any more power will require a lot of cash being spent to upgrade it!

Sorry to jump in here.
I have a 18T 163bhp.Does this put any stress on the engine etc?
I know the later 18T had more power,is this from a remap or more involved mods?
I would like to go for a remap and more power but do not want to cause any reliabilty/stress to the motor.
Sorry if this is a a basic/stupid Q,but i am new to the forum and all things tuning.

The figures I quoted were for a 163bhp standard. As for reliability I haven't done it either yet.... so don't know but perhaps someone who has can jump in here and let us know if they have had any problems ? It will make the turbo work harder as you'll be running more boost.
As long as you don't spank it all day everyday then it will be fine, I guess you need to look after the turbo more i.e oil changes more regularly and leave it running for a minute when parking up so to let the oil continue flowing through the turbo to help it cool down so to prevent heat soak.

I saving for mine at the minute as good friend has his own business. He modifys your original map where as a lot of other people give you a generic map!

www.cnlremappingltd.co.uk

I read somewher that the 190ps engine has an extra intercooler and some stronger connecting rods as well as other choice mods.

I had my 1.8t 150 remapped by Mike from Motech a couple of months back and it still puts a smile on my face when I put my foot down. First class service from Mike as well.

As others have said, I leave it running for a minute or two to allow the turbo to cool if its been driven hard, try not to do any traffic light grand prix’s and I run it on super unleaded.

Would definitely recommend it !