1.8 fwd avant b5 exhaust

Pro-cookie

Reaction score
Hi guys I need a new back box but I’m thinking of replacing full exhaust from the manifold. My exhaust seems to do some weird S configuration at the back which seems really odd and restrictive it basically goes right over to one side then back over the side before exiting. How loud would it be if anyone has done it if I remove centre section to straighten the run?

The streightness doesnt really matter. Its done like that because its a convenient location to fit the middle box.

Aftermarket boxes tend to be much less good at absorbing noise than the factory ones, so cutting out the middle box and replacing it with pipe and only having one aftermarket rear box is probably going to leave it sounding pretty loud and probably not that nice.

Its a non turbo car? If so, i really wouldnt be wasting the money on a fancy exhaust. Get a factory system and put some nice tailpipe trims on it. If you buy a standard 1.8T system you might find it gives a bit more noise without sounding crap. It'll probably need tweaked to fit though.

That’s what I want to do anyway to keep factory look I don’t really want anything stupid. I’ll get the turbo one and buy a pipe reducer to fit it to mine. Saying that as I said in other post i might just do as you said and get the turbo one anyway. Thanks aragorn

Just a quick thought is there a section on this site where people are selling cars?

Whatever you do don't straight pipe it when I got my 1.8t it was straight piped my God was it loud the turbo spool was crazy I put a back box on it

Lol yeah I was thinking it probably would be. But aragorn has got me thinking about a tqs now lol. Now I just have to find one! Has to be a b5 can’t get on with how the b6 looks! It’s almost like whoever designed it forgot to put his contacts in or something lol there’s no character to it. Been on eBay and there’s nothing there so I’ll have to keep checking back to it.

Has to be an avant as well as I need the roof box and space for all the boys bits when we get out and about lol, it’s amazing how much stuff you carry about when you have a little one.

Sweet it does look nice as well! I really like the seats in it. Is yours the 180 or 150bhp?

Started as 150 apu currently been rolling rd at 204bhp hoping for a upgraded turbo front mount intercooler bigger injectors then should get to 260

Nice one mate is that all your work or did you get it with that power? The 1.8 n/a is 125 standard but there is no room to get it any better without a turbo.

No was standard apart from the remap did the brake upgrade fitted the recaro sets done a lot spent a lot still have loads I want to do I really like the b5 in the process of fitting a boost gauge and in the process of spaying my rs4 rims and fitting some 235 types going for a bit of stretch

Nice mate so are the wheels genuine rs4 rims? If so how well do they fit? Or are they the ones in the image you showed me? Only reason I ask is I just thought the rs4 wheels would stick outside the arches being that it’s a wide body car?

I think there reps just as wide as real ones probably why mine are so close but that's why going for a bit of stretch and getting a arch roller

Cool once you have done it stick some pics up it’ll be nice to see how it turns out.

Yeah good bunch good luck finding one mate best time of year to get one must be some bargains out there no one buys cars this time of year

Lol I’ll soon find out, we’ll hopefully Santa will bring all your goodies for the car mate. Have a good one and I’ll stick some pics up of mine when I have sus fitted.