1.5 TFSI Tuning

Pinkys

Reaction score
Hello and thank you in advance!

I was looking to remap my car or install a tuning box, is there anything similar to a JB4 for this car or who would you recommend? I’ve seen one out the P Tronic offering a 2 year warranty on the engine?

What do you recommend and what is to be expected in terms of reliable gains, what’s the engine and car capable of without too much stress?

Just looking for some advice on where to look and what to do :)

Hey, I get my 1.5TFSI in April and I’m considering the same options. I’ve contacted a frw tuning places around here and all of them have told me the ECU encryption has not been cracked yet for the MY19, so had to look at tuning boxes. I pretty much decided it should be a DTUK if I cant get a proper map. I’m interested in what you decide. What MY is yours?

Oh sorry in addition, my only concern with the boxes would be STronic tourque limits and not being managed properly and I’ve seen the AFR is terrible when using boxes which puts me off a bit for long term wear and tear.

Mines a 2018 and I’m a little unsure on what to do, I’ve had similar problems with everyone saying it’s not cracked as of yet. I’m also not too sure how the cars going to handle the extra power and torque!

I’d love to know if anyone’s done this or if there’s anything else coming out or some time frames!

So far all I’ve really seen is P Tronic & Tuning Box but never heard of them before so not rushing into anything

Not sure what to do really

I think i looked at that one but aftersales looked poor so i dont put much stock into any kind of warranty. Isnt it a company out of the UK too? Maybe its a different company I’m thinking of though. I think thats why I settled on DTUK, at least theyre somewhere I can drive to and try before I buy.

If you do find someone who can map properly though please do let me know. How do you find the car to live with? Whats your biggest bug bear?

Thank you mate! Didn’t even know DTUK did a map for it, seems it slipped under the radar as it comes under Arteon?

I love the car, my biggest bug bare is that I couldn’t get insured on an S3 haha! 20 and an S3 doesn’t go... Glad I got the saloon and black edition though makes it feel a little bit more special to me, have had to make a few little mods to the car however, exhaust mod, new panel filter, lowering springs, weight reduction and awaititing a remap, how about you buddy?

Honestly the cars fantastic, can’t fault it at all!

Prob not a great amount of discount but i think they knocked me £1k off that configurator price, they make it all back in the finance APR anyway ‍♂️

DTUK - Map 1 Vs Map 3 what have people found so far? Been trying both and can’t seem to tell much difference so far

DTUK - Map 1 Vs Map 3 what have people found so far? Been trying both and can’t seem to tell much difference so far
If this is a box you’ve bought direct from us then give us a call and we can check which file set is on there