1.5 tfsi stage 1 or custom (rolling road remap)

TDi lover

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone in here has had any remaps done to this engine and what they think of it?
Also has anyone tried this to sort out the dredded kangarooing?

Audi have an ECU update to fix the kangarooing issue. (Had the update applied a few months ago). When they open up again call Audi customer services and they should be able to get the required information to you local dealership. My local dealership had no idea this updated existed until they were contacted by Audi customer services.

Don't get the remap done until after the update is applied as it will wipe any remap you have had done. Also if Audi find the remap they will void the warranty on the engine/drive train (If the car is still under warranty).

I suppose I should have mentioned that I was asking more as a third party. I have a 1.4tsi 150 ACT in a Seat Leon. I'm a member on Seatcupra.net forums as well and many there have had the new update and found the problem still persists. That's why I asked about whether a remap has worked. Also just wondering how people feel their maps perform. There doesn't seem to be much info on the 1.5 or 1.4 being remapped in forums. If I had 3 year warranty mine is due up anytime in the next few months so not an issue for me. I bought mine at 2 years old 17 plate.

Audi have an ECU update to fix the kangarooing issue. (Had the update applied a few months ago). When they open up again call Audi customer services and they should be able to get the required information to you local dealership. My local dealership had no idea this updated existed until they were contacted by Audi customer services.

Don't get the remap done until after the update is applied as it will wipe any remap you have had done. Also if Audi find the remap they will void the warranty on the engine/drive train (If the car is still under warranty).

https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=266&sid=40992e0ce86779d066cf76a49b8faca8&start=2400
Just seen this pop up on Seatcupra.net where someone has linked from a T-roc forum about the kangarooing and they seem to think a change to new or possibly different injectors has cured that issue for them.

I can only comment on my wifes A3 which was fixed with the ECU software update. Point to note is that the A3 we have is Stronic, and not a manual and I think the manual cars appear to suffer more than the auto's.

Hi Colin, what year is your car. I have heard somewhere, can't remember where but newer models don't seem to suffer or at least not as much. Maybe from 19 plate onwards. I think that may have been a theory from a thread I have read.

Hi Colin, what year is your car. I have heard somewhere, can't remember where but newer models don't seem to suffer or at least not as much. Maybe from 19 plate onwards. I think that may have been a theory from a thread I have read.

Mine is a maual 19 plate. Order placed Oct/Nov 2018 and built Jan 2019.
I don't know if it is relevant but it will be running slightly different software, but only when towing, as it has the factory towbar that I believes alters things when in use.

Colin