1.5 tfsi harsh throttle

adey12

Reaction score
we have had our 18 reg 1.5 tfsi convertible for about a month, when looking for one read about the poor throttle response , but ours seems the opposite i have just fitted winter tyres and wheels and the car is spinning the front wheels up for a past time, slight movement on the throttle and the car is off . its almost impossible to drive smoothly the throttle and torque is instant

now i 'm thinking that the previous owner may have flashed the throttle response and dsg box or its had a pedal box fitted and removed and is left on the last setting , the car has had some adjustment done as when locking and unlocking it would chirp but no option in the menu to switch it off ,i have changed this now with obdeleven, i brought it as a used approved from main dealer ,now i'm sure they don't come std with the lock/unlock chirp.

so my question is can the throttle response be returned to normal if the pedal box has been removed or flashed with software

If a pedal box was previously installed and then removed isn’t active anymore is my understanding.

However, if the gearbox has been mapped this will be permanent until removed.

As the car has alarm chirp then some settings have been changed by a previous owner. There is a VCDS/Carista/OBDeleven mod to change the throttle response to be direct but it shouldn’t be that drastic.

I would have expected a main dealer to delete those mods before selling it.

Does the car behave this way in all Drive Select modes or just Dynamic?

just driving it in auto at the moment did try dynamic and was the same, something has been done it but don't know if its been flashed or pedal box, i have read somewhere that the throttle response will stay on the last setting if a pedal box is removed , the main dealer didn't really need to do alot of prep the car only has 12500 miles on it , they fitted 4 new tyres and refurbed the wheels and that was it , i did ask them to update the maps and ensure the latest software update for the hesitating throttle has been done , not too sure if they done that as i had to update the sat nav maps with audi connect.

we have had our 18 reg 1.5 tfsi convertible for about a month, when looking for one read about the poor throttle response , but ours seems the opposite i have just fitted winter tyres and wheels and the car is spinning the front wheels up for a past time, slight movement on the throttle and the car is off . its almost impossible to drive smoothly the throttle and torque is instant

now i 'm thinking that the previous owner may have flashed the throttle response and dsg box or its had a pedal box fitted and removed and is left on the last setting , the car has had some adjustment done as when locking and unlocking it would chirp but no option in the menu to switch it off ,i have changed this now with obdeleven, i brought it as a used approved from main dealer ,now i'm sure they don't come std with the lock/unlock chirp.

so my question is can the throttle response be returned to normal if the pedal box has been removed or flashed with software

If this is since fitting the winter rubber then I'd think that is where the trouble lies. Is the sticky rubber gripping for a fraction before loosing traction as the revs climb? That scenario would give the wheelspin you are experiencing.

Colin

no its been like this since we brought it the throttle response is crazy , i was concerned about getting a 1.5 tfsi with all the negative reviews about hesitation , but we seam to have the opposite

If it is on both 'summer' and winter tyres, there are many areas to look at, and at varying levels of cost.

To rule it out, might be with having the wheel alignment checked.

When your wheels spin, does the ESC/traction control light come on and the car 'throttle back'? If not - check ABS module.

Next step is scanning for error codes or liv telemetry for other ares to investigate.