1.5 tfsi differences

L

L3igh

Hi trading my A3 saloon 1.4 tfsi in for the 1.5 tfsi what differences have people found, I know the emissions are the same and ps is still 150 but does it feel any different, is it more refined than the 1.4? is it quieter or louder?

The 1.5 has a variable geometry turbocharger (the VAG 1.5 is the first mass produced car to have it). The VGT increases the torque at lower engine revs so it should be more responsive at lower RPM than the 1.4.

The 1.5 has a different cooling system to the 1.4 so it heats up quicker thus reducing emissions when the engine is cold.

Other than that I doubt there is any appreciable difference in noise etc.

Be prepared for lousy MPG on short trips around town!

Reactions: Jcbmally and L3igh
Under the hood is completely different.

Air taking system is different and looks almost same as the golf gti. Turbocharger is different.

And I really want to mention that, 1.5 tfsi is faster than my friends 1.4 150hp with remap(he says it is 185 hp).

I have seen 256 km on highway with that car. I really love it :)

My average fuel consumption is 8.1 lt/100 km. I am in traffic almost any day.

You can ask anything

Under the hood is completely different.

Air taking system is different and looks almost same as the golf gti. Turbocharger is different.

And I really want to mention that, 1.5 tfsi is faster than my friends 1.4 150hp with remap(he says it is 185 hp).

I have seen 256 km on highway with that car. I really love it :)

My average fuel consumption is 8.1 lt/100 km. I am in traffic almost any day.

You can ask anything

Hi mate, is pick up speed good and decent enough for overtaking on country roads? I'm coming from a Golf GTI and while i know it's no GTI i would still like to think it has a good amount of grunt for a 150 bhp. I also opted for the sportstronic.

Thanks mate

Hi mate, is pick up speed good and decent enough for overtaking on country roads? I'm coming from a Golf GTI and while i know it's no GTI i would still like to think it has a good amount of grunt for a 150 bhp. I also opted for the sportstronic.

Thanks mate

I think yes mate. It is just as fast as the 2.0 tdi or 20d bmw cars. Nice throttle response and not dead in high speeds. Of course gti is much faster but this one does not dissapoint you

Reactions: ASBOST