1.4TFSi - tuning box

dazedconfused

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll be taking delivery of a new A4 next month. It's just the 1.4TFSi Sport, so I'm slightly worried about it being somewhat underpowered compared to my old car (e46 330d) but it's leased through work so didn't have much choice.

Someone recommended that a remap or a tuning box can transform this engine into something quite lively. I'd need it to to be fully removable and untraceable by Audi (or I'd be faced with any bills should te warranty be voided).

What are people's thoughts? I've had quite a few cars remapped in the past and appreciate that a good remap is always preferable over a tuning box, but I'd assume remaps are much more "discoverable" should the car need to visit Audi (which it will for servicing). Am I correct in thinking they wouldn't know a tuning box had been connected once it was removed?

Cheers,

Andy

hello
i hawe same engine and i search for god tuning box..hawe you bought for your car?

Most if not all tuning boxes will generate events on the ECU when the sensors are connected / disconnected so best to check with VCDS and check before the car is returned to the dealer.

They might however I have never heard of one occasion where a user of a tuning box in the forum has ever had a dealership pick up on this, including myself. There is, supposedly a letter from 2013 from audi about a box generating a error but the authenticity of this letter has never once been verified..

My bro has a 1.4tfsi Ibiza and i bought him a DTUK box after i had good results on a 2.0 TDI. I would get boost pressure sensor errors in VCDS on the diesel (nothing on the dash) but he gets nothing unless he puts it on map 3+3 where the car throws a **** fit and goes into limp mode.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As I said earlier any tuning box has the potential to create fault codes because sensors are being plugegd and unplugged.
Even if the ignition isn't on the ECU is sometimes active and will see the sensor being disconnected and log a fault as an intermittent issue. This won't bring on the ECU CEL but will show up if the ECU is checked.

My bro has a 1.4tfsi Ibiza and i bought him a DTUK box after i had good results on a 2.0 TDI. I would get boost pressure sensor errors in VCDS on the diesel (nothing on the dash) but he gets nothing unless he puts it on map 3+3 where the car throws a **** fit and goes into limp mode.

Never had this with the most recent tuning box from dtuk and ny 1.4tfsi cod engine. 3+3 wasn't the recommended settings from dtuk for mine...

Reactions: DeanoC
Never had this with the most recent tuning box from dtuk and ny 1.4tfsi cod engine. 3+3 wasn't the recommended settings from dtuk for mine...
Yes every car is different. We just tried all the maps with vcds to plot some graphs. That was the only one that through an error

I converse directly with dtuk through here and I'm hoping to be getting a box for my A4 early next year. I'll report on it once I have fitted it and correctly set it up..

What is the torque rating of the Gearbox and will the clutch cope with it?

What is the torque rating of the Gearbox and will the clutch cope with it?
The increased torque of the dtuk tuning box is below 300Nm so I doubt if there would be any issues with either the manual or the stronic gearbox...

I have tried to find out what gearbox the 1.4 TFSI is mated to but have yet to find anything definitive. Having used a tuning box in the past and had premature failures of clutch and gearbox I'm very hesitant, though more horsepower & torque would be welcome.

You're talking under 50Nm which is so small it would be pretty hard to build a box that was that sensitive imo