1.4 TSFI Petrol engine - What oil to use?

bruce_miranda

Reaction score
What engine oil do I use to top up a 1.4 TSFI Petrol Engine?

Be very careful with this, my car was serviced in October and I had different answers from different dealerships, some said that my engine was the 2017 update, so it need the higher grade oil, others said it's fine and the lower grade, some said I can use either!!! In the end I got fed up with one saying one thing and another saying another, so I took it to my local dealership and let them do the service on it....if it's wrong and it blows the engine it's their mistake.

Model year:2018
Description:A5 Sportback 1.4 R4110 A7
Sales type:F5ABEG
Delivery date:24.05.2018
Engine code:CVNA
Gearbox code:SVQ

DG6 : 4-cylinder SI engine 1.4 l/110 kW TSI base engine isTL9/TL1/TK8/TW8/TL8/T28
TW8 : 4-cylinder SI engine 1.4 l unit 04E.J

Castrol's own site (oil finder) says Edge (longlife) 5W-30 for your CVNA engine. In the last year or two some dealers seem to have switched to something like 0W-30 which will give a tiny improvement on a cold engine oil circulatory performance in terms of squeezing every last drop of MPG performance.

Most modern cars use something like a 5W-30 engine oil with a low ash content so as to minimise carbon build up on today's DI petrol engines.

Obviously you will want to satisfy yourself before you put oil into your nice new car. All I can say is that I would personally not have the slightest worry about using 5W-30. I worry more about longlife servicing and oil (and oil filters) aging in the car for up to 2-years.

Hence my question. My car was built in 4/18. So what oil?
Like I said, I let them put what they wanted in it and from memory it was the lower grade oil! if it goes wrong it's now their problem as I used a main Audi dealership. If you wish to take advice off forum member (no offence to anyone) and you then use that oil and something were to go wrong it's your problem.

Like others have said, it's very very rare and highly unlikely anything would go wrong, but you never know! and they would look for any excuse not to pay out if anything were to happen!