1.4 TFSI Long Term Reliability? / Engine Code?

silicon

Reaction score
Hi all,

A couple of questions.

Does anybody have any long term data on reliability of the 1.4 tfsi engine in the B9? Also, does anyone have the specific engine code for this engine and any technical reviews of it? I see lots of 1.4 tfsi engines are used across the audi range but can't find anything specific for the 150bhp version in the A4 B9 - is it the exact same engine used in any other vehicle across audi range?

I hear good things about the engine but before I commit I just wanted to see if I could get answers to these questions!

Thanks all,

Nearly 30,000 miles so far. No engine issues.

It doesn't have the cylinder on demand facility of most other versions of this 1.4. It's bizarre and might be due to the north-south instalation.
If you're buying new, check the depreciation beating lease deals unless of course you want to keep it long term

Hi thanks for the replies,

This will be a long term keeper and have scrappage and a good dealer discount offer so I'm able to stay ahead of depreciation for the first year and a half or so.

Thanks for the audi illustration link - useful.

Does anyone know if this specific engine and output is used in any of the other audi range?

""the common rail system develops an injection pressure of up to 200 bar; the toothed belt for valve timing and auxiliary drive is designed to last for the engine’s lifetime""

So no belt changes?! Really?