1.4 TFSI COD tuning

Jonny_R

Reaction score
Just after abit of advice by all the tuning gurus, as it's totally out of my depth and don't have a clue.

Been thinking about going stage one on my facelift a1 1.4 tfsi 150 cod, however have had a new custom cat back fitted and stumbled on a couple of issues.

Nothing major but the cod system is making the exhaust sound odd and like a tractor, understandably every time it dips to 2 cylinders and sat at 70 on cruise the exhaust is quite and ok until the 2 cylinders drop off and then it drones and buffers like mad which is bordering unbearable given I do around 20k a year mainly motorways with work!

So my question to you all is can the cod be turned off/ tuned out through a map? Had a look online and not really a lot of info on the cod systems atall to get my head round whether it's ecu managed or not

I know it's a good system for mpg etc but would love to be able to tune the car to stage one and remove the cod system at the same time if anyone thinks it's possible?

Or is it more then just ecu controlled and just something I'm going to have to get used to?

COD will be controlled by the ECU. I can't see why it couldn't be disabled, there will be maps that control the implementation of it and decide when it should switch the cylinders off.
Seeing you have already changed the exhaust on what is essentially a new car you aren't bothered with the warranty.
If you are anywhere near Stockport try contacting Rick at Unicorn Motor developments. I wouldn't have thought you would gain much power with the exhaust change. Probably just better to keep the original exhaust get it mapped and then you could keep the COD and the inherent fuel economy. The extra few bhp is going to work out expensive in reduced mpg over 20K miles a year.

Karl

Thanks mate will give them a shout as only on Ormskirk.

Thought it would be possible but like I said not very clued up with custom Maps and tuning really