1.4 tfsi CAXC engine - serpentine tensioner bolt removal

guysy

Reaction score
Hi,

Due to change a few bits on the car soon, full serpentine belt kit along side.

I have been looking at the diagrams in the workshop manuals, I just wondered if anyone could back me up or give me any pointers. When removing the old tensioner bolt from the back is there any access? the workshop manual points towards removing the AC compressor.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks.

To answer my own question if it helps others in the future I've seen some youtube vids where there is an access hole for the tensioner nut to change the fan / serpentine belt.

On my 1.4 once the belts off, to change the tensioner idler its 3x bolts on air con compressor, undo a little plug at the same time, that will come down, I supported it with a bungee cord.

Then I still couldnt see an easy access hole so I took the AC compressor bracket off another 3 bolts which is sort of a bracket for both the compressor and holds the tensioner. Then its one bolt ( think its a 16mm ) and I think the 3 bolts for both the AC and bracket where 13mm.

Then belt on, take off the slack then remove the pin that holds the tension away and it all tightens up.