1.4 TFSI 150 COD Remap options

Baggy91

Reaction score
I have searched the forums but not found massive amounts. I find the 150 COD to be massively impressive and deliver a fair amount of torque, I honestly feel it compares to say a mk6 140 gt tdi golf quite nicely and probably performs better. I do however find myself yearning for that bit more go from the engine.

A lot of remaps are offering 174bhp and 320nm up from 150bhp and 250nm which sounds quite impressive, there’s also another remap offering 190bhp but less torque I think 290nm

Does anyone have any experience of remapping what is already an impressive engine for a 1.4t, it’s sitting on under 30k and will be looked after service wise but should I be concerned about the engine and clutch if I do go for it?

It's all of a question of where the remapping company markets itself , some are minimum gains thus the result will be more , some are on the high side with a generous dyno and or to gain the business .

For one of my cars the market average was 50 Nm , this company advertised 65 Nm , but I actually gained 120 Nm !

Interesting I thought it might all be a game of cat and mouse.

Have you any experience of the 1.4 150 COD being remapped?

I have searched the forums but not found massive amounts. I find the 150 COD to be massively impressive and deliver a fair amount of torque, I honestly feel it compares to say a mk6 140 gt tdi golf quite nicely and probably performs better. I do however find myself yearning for that bit more go from the engine.

A lot of remaps are offering 174bhp and 320nm up from 150bhp and 250nm which sounds quite impressive, there’s also another remap offering 190bhp but less torque I think 290nm

Does anyone have any experience of remapping what is already an impressive engine for a 1.4t, it’s sitting on under 30k and will be looked after service wise but should I be concerned about the engine and clutch if I do go for it?

If you want more of a 'fit and forget' solution, choose one of the bigger names like Revo etc. They have spent a lot in RD to develop their maps, and I would definitely choose them over a local facebook outfit. You'll find the bigger brand maps are a little more conservative to ensure that nothing is pushed to the limit. Sure a facebook mapper will claim they get you *more*, but there won't be come back when everything goes bang!

Custom mapping is what you really want for it to be perfect, but it will cost a LOT. Don't be swayed by those saying they offer full custom maps - most of the time they just tweak existing maps. Mapping from the ground up takes a long time and the rolling road costs will exceed an off the shelf map quite quickly, but for just a daily driver, something like Revo or AMD will be fine.

I wouldn't worry to much about power output figures, as to be honest, you'll see a variation with the same car on different rolling roads/different time of day (atmospheric conditions) to the tune of 10-15% sometimes. Some maps will bring on peak power earlier (bhp), some will prolong it (torque). For a standard stage 1 map your clutch and engine will be fine. Engines these days are very understressed, theres room for movement as long as it is done correctly.

For me personally, I would always want more torque than BHP.

I remapped my 1.4 TFSI 140 CoD as soon as I had it and was happy with the performance. I didn't tend to wring it out very often, so noticed the torque a bit more than the power (c. 170hp, 220 lb.ft). The 1.4 was a seriously impressive lump - and I even thought so without the map.

I would personally stick to one of the larger names and, for a common engine like this, be happy to download a tuning file (Superchips Bluefin, Quantum etc) rather than have something done custom to the car.

In hindsight, my 1.4 was a gateway to another S3. I'd have been very happy to have kept my mapped 1.4, but a (mapped) S3 is a whole different level and any interest in remapping might indicate that's where you're headed long-term. ;)

Reactions: GGP and Jcbmally
I remapped my 1.4 TFSI 140 CoD as soon as I had it and was happy with the performance. I didn't tend to wring it out very often, so noticed the torque a bit more than the power (c. 170hp, 220 lb.ft). The 1.4 was a seriously impressive lump - and I even thought so without the map.

I would personally stick to one of the larger names and, for a common engine like this, be happy to download a tuning file (Superchips Bluefin, Quantum etc) rather than have something done custom to the car.

In hindsight, my 1.4 was a gateway to another S3. I'd have been very happy to have kept my mapped 1.4, but a (mapped) S3 is a whole different level and any interest in remapping might indicate that's where you're headed long-term. ;)
Hello mate, did you remapped your gear box as well (because of more torque) or it is not necessary? i am asking you because i have the same engine with u (1.4 tfsi 150 stronic) and i remapped it to 177hp and 305nm. i am happy with the performane as well so far.
thanx

Reactions: The Cardinal