1/4 Mile Times

grathies

More Points Than Portsmouth FC
Reaction score
Know a few lads on here have taken thier S3s down the strip at Pod or Shakespears, just wondering what you guys have got time wise?

Be cool to compare times for Standard/Mapped and Sunny/Cloudy etc

If you have copys of your timing slips that always helps to verify, be cool to have a Wall of Fame type thing worked out

Any details you can supply about conditions, how the car was running, if you were up against a car that you should have beat but didnt etc

Im up there this weekend coming and Im having a dilemma about running or not on the sunday!

14.6 mine
went against a new Golf Edition 30 thing which was remapped to 300 brake and the owner was not happy at all at me beating him in fact he said he might get rid!
had Jojos S3 and a golf Mk1 soft top (driver was wearing pink pants,saw him getting his times...FREAK!)

I didn't do a quarter mile run, but got 0-100 in 14.2 Timed with the liquid S3 and 0-60 in 6.3

So i reckon with reaction time's etc... i could get about the same a voorhees...!!

I'm mapped but don't know who by,

I used to hit high 15's in my Golf VR6 down the pod against my mate in his camper, he run 14.010 ish a couple of times!!

to get 14.2 you must have a few mods or be stripped out as 1/4 mile is about 96 mph
my 0-60 best is 5.8 but still 14.6

to get 14.2 you must have a few mods or be stripped out as 1/4 mile is about 96 mph
my 0-60 best is 5.8 but still 14.6

No mods, The Liquid S3 starts when you start so no reaction time, so that might be why?... Whats an amateurs reaction time about .400? I see what your saying though, i would like to take it up the pod haven't got round it yet.

S£;603229 said:
No mods, The Liquid S3 starts when you start so no reaction time, so that might be why?... Whats an amateurs reaction time about .400? I see what your saying though, i would like to take it up the pod haven't got round it yet.

Reaction time isnt included in the 1/4 mile times.

The timing at Inters was when the beam was broken so reaction time isn't relevant its all about what revs on take off and gear change time which is apparently .5 secs.
whats a liquid S3 then?

14.0 at Santa Pod, defo think there is a 13.9 in the car if I could just put it all together.

so its a diagnostic tool or a gauge?
(is it a secret)

so its a diagnostic tool or a gauge?
(is it a secret)

It's both really, it works well as a gauge and diagnostics, it's really good for monitoring stuff.

I'm surprised you haven't seen the thread it's been about for ages!

I'll have to try it out if it makes the car quickerer :uhm:

I saw the first part of the thread and went and made a sandwich to be honest!

Its a poor mans VAGCOM, and offers things like those maxpower Gmeters so you can tell your mates what 0-60 you got etc and that you pulled a negative G while cornering/dog fighting with enemy Migs :p

Timing slips work better than car readouts for me!

Scan0002-1.jpg

Ermmm it is :p
6 mph...ha ha thank **** I didn't pay six quid a run for that cowboy printout!
**** I did!

I saw the first part of the thread and went and made a sandwich to be honest!

Its a poor mans VAGCOM, and offers things like those maxpower Gmeters so you can tell your mates what 0-60 you got etc and that you pulled a negative G while cornering/dog fighting with enemy Migs :p

Timing slips work better than car readouts for me!

I understand what your saying but for someone who doesn't know thier way around the full version of Vagcom it's very good and you can keep it in your glove box. The amount of people who have problems with the maf,N75, bost pressure, missfires, over fueling etc.... All you can view in guage of graph format, would you not be interested in your inlet temp or or boost pressure etc.. when hacking round the ring?

S£;603344 said:
would you not be interested in your inlet temp or or boost pressure etc.. when hacking round the ring?

That can be usefuel but its a double edged sword

When your out there for 21 odd km driving hard and fast and worrying about cars coming up behind you or how the next corner is going to be, the last thing you want to be doing is keeping an eye on a gauge

You also end up reading alot into it and ease off for the sake of mechanical sympathy. The more indications of oil temperatures, boost levels etc do nothing for me, when you drive a car enough you can feel when its not right and make a choice as to weather or not to slow down (Thats just me tho, Im an arrogant little ******* when it comes to cars!)

Im at the years best UK VW Show this weekend

VW Action at Santa Pod

RWYB on Sunday so gonna try and throw mine down, its dependant on how well the part goes Saturday night as last year I found myself wondering about at 4am totally.... errm... spaced

been to the pod loads of times but never down the strip
good luck

Thanks mate, will be on here Monday moaning about my clutch breaking etc

All in a weekends fun!

be careful S3fan, Jase has some extra lil umperlumpers under his bonnet that he doesnt tell anyone about till the dust settles on his magnificent times:p

Heres our audi a3 quatty times after the re-map to 215bhp, F53 both printouts were up against a standard 1.8t's but it wasnt boosting like it does now! we did beat the ones we were next 2 both times but aint the quattro suppose to be slower because there heavier?

14mile.jpg

seems pretty slow compared to some of your times?, our mk3 golf gti colour concept would have nailed it, that was running 13.5s at its best! that was a standard 2.0 8v engine but with cat back exhaust and air filter...

seems pretty slow compared to some of your times?, our mk3 golf gti colour concept would have nailed it, that was running 13.5s at its best! that was a standard 2.0 8v engine but with cat back exhaust and air filter...

13.5 from a 2.0 8v mk3 golf lol. I'd expect them to see 16-17 seconds.

AWD should allow for a much more aggressive launch and therefore a faster overall time.

13.5 from a 2.0 8v mk3 golf lol. I'd expect them to see 16-17 seconds.

AWD should allow for a much more aggressive launch and therefore a faster overall time.

i know its well wierd! most of the mk3 gti's are 15-16's but we were sat with mk2 gti's going through at the same time where as the vr6's were doing 14-15's, there was something about that car i just wish we'd have kept it!

I dont want to start an argument but 13.5sec's from a Mk3 8v which is possibly the slowest GTI ever made is a bit far fetch.....a VR6 would eat any Mk 3 GTI.....

I dont want to start an argument but 13.5sec's from a Mk3 8v which is possibly the slowest GTI ever made is a bit far fetch.....a VR6 would eat any Mk 3 GTI.....

And a vr6 would tend to see mid to late 15's.

I managed to get my 1.4 polo to 15.5 but then I did spend more money on it than I bought the S3 for :blink:

And a vr6 would tend to see mid to late 15's.

I managed to get my 1.4 polo to 15.5 but then I did spend more money on it than I bought the S3 for :blink:

S£ had a VR6 golf and i had a mapped A3 1.8T, when we did quarter mile times at GTI international a few years back we were both pretty even getting high 15's to low 16's and i actually won on the day for the front wheel drive audi event... i'd of had no problems with a MK 3 8v......

ooops my bad, just been looking through our old bits n bobs n found the times and it is 16 secs for the golf which is still same as the quatty which is pathetic in my opinion! but 13.5 for the g60 rado we had ;-)

my mistake :keule:

S£ had a VR6 golf and i had a mapped A3 1.8T, when we did quarter mile times at GTI international a few years back we were both pretty even getting high 15's to low 16's and i actually won on the day for the front wheel drive audi event... i'd of had no problems with a MK 3 8v......

High 15's ???!! I had 4 runs All 15.1.. :p with a best 0-60 of 6.49, But........ At the Pod i could only manage 16's.... Who's times do i trust the most... I think the Pod, A standard VR6 is more like 16's.

S£;604259 said:
High 15's ???!! I had 4 runs All 15.1.. :p with a best 0-60 of 6.49, But........ At the Pod i could only manage 16's.... Who's times do i trust the most... I think the Pod, A standard VR6 is more like 16's.

All 4 runs you had were 15.1...... thats consistent:yes:.....Lol

I couldn't remeber the exact times, i know it was round that area !!

Obviously alot on here are alot more careful of their clutches at the starts than me, I was managing 14.8's at Pod when it was standard, 14.0 now with all the mods. I tend to launch mine at about 4 to 4.5k.

I tend to launch mine at about 4 to 4.5k.
Pah!! I have done that and above,it does seem like the whole engine is going to explode though!
I just lose it mid range thats why the 14.6

Pah!! I have done that and above,it does seem like the whole engine is going to explode though!
I just lose it mid range thats why the 14.6

Ive tried over 4.5k too up to over 5k but didnt see any improvements in the 60ft times so went back to 4.5k. How come your losing it midrange mate? What map have you got?