1.4 COD - Loud?

File wouldn't play for me. Do you have B&O? Turn it up.

Joking aside- I can barely hear my engine with windows down unless I give it some.

Do have B&O and usually enjoying that so haven't picked up on it before.

Was finally warm enough for windows down, heard it slightly over the music then turned down to listen.

It's just done it's first 1000 miles so don't think it's oil but will check dip in the morning when cooled.

It has sat in the sun most of today so wondering if it was just a bit hot?

It's a .mov but should play in browser streaming.

I'll record my engine tomorrow for you. That way you can compare. Mine has done approx 1400 miles.

Sounds like a diesel! I've noticed mine is a little rattly in the top end for a new engine - we used to call it noisy tappets in the old days, don't know if that is still used. Mine isn't as noisy as yours, though.

The 1.4 engine is one of the quietest engines I've even driven from inside the cabin. However all engines of that design sound tappety under the bonnet, my focus was the same...

Went for a long drive today and seemed quieter when I slowed down near home.

It's certainly quiet on the motorway just low road noise and nice B&O.

Anyone get a chance to compare?

Thanks very much, agree it sounds the same.

It's the pitch of the click that disturbed me. Seems loudest on right side of engine cover on both videos.

I must say coming from a diesel that had just turned 100k it is very quiet. When I'm in the car with the radio off you can hardly hear the engine.

I don't think it's anything to worry about:)

Certainly far quieter than any of the diesel versions I've driven. So quiet sometimes I have to look down at the rev counter to see if it is still running....