1.2 TFSI opinions?

jfduque3

Reaction score
Hey guys, is the A3 1.2 tfsi any good? or is the golf 1.4tsi a better choice hands down?

There's a recent thread on here discussing the 1.2 TFSI. Surprisingly good by all accounts - but go for the 1.4 if you can.
I would think the 1.4 would be easier to sell - but then that should mean you could get a good deal if you were buying second hand.

The 1.4 has been replaced with a 1.5. This coming week is the start of MY18 and any 1.4 cars ordered but not yet built will get the 1.5 automatically.

Generally, the Golf is a great car. I've had 3 in succession I would have considered one again but I just don't like the lower front valance on the 7.5 FL. Pound for pound you'll get more equipment in the golf. A good example is Hill hold assist, its fitted as standard on every mk7, yet ts a £75 option on the A3. That said the A3 gets nav as standard.

I think if you drive the A3 and Golf back to back it will be hard to establish any real difference. Its really down to equipment versus cost and what you need to meet your requirements. The A3 should have slightly better residual value when you come to change it.

Last edited:
Hasn't the 1.0 tfsi got more power and better mpg than the 1.2