09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

Without jumping on vcds to have a look I can't be sure but I think it should be field 1, not field 4 on that measuring block, have a look at field 1 on block 8 and if it has a reading check to see if that's in range as per the specs on the Ross tech wiki...

Hi SJ,

Thanks for the reply.

Field 1 is within the limits, but when I follow the rest of the instructions nothing changes and I still have the fault code?

Tried and it can't be done on my car a 2007 a3
Your third party immobiliser needs removing as it appeared to be connected to the canbus preventing OBD programming. Direct eeprom programming is an option though. Maybe NHN is able to remove your third party immo.

Hi everyone, Im after a new cluster with white dis for my 55 plate 2005 2.0 tdi sport sportback.
Can anyone advise me of what the cluster part number that i should be looking for as I dont want to buy the wrong thing
Thanks

Hello guys! hope you still breathe..

I have 2004 without MFSW, cruise control & DIS I think!
It's an s-tronic gearbox, and i'm not sure if I need to swap my instrument!

I have those functions on my DIS; Selected Shifts, outside temperature, open doors, Low fuel, low coolant, low washer fluid & "Press brake pedal when blablabla"...

I have installed a Highline ECU (steering wheel module) with the new stalks, no programing..
I can clear the messages on DIS with my wiper stalk, all 3 buttons clear my DIS, The Highline module are coded from the last car, and my DIS haven't been coded.
That must mean that my DIS are receiving commands from stalk and are maybe more willing to have some more functions?

If my original red boring DIS is Highline I probably will skip the white cluster for being to much money spend..

I thought this was the perfect thread to ask! Really nice work of you guys, but couldn't find this issue anywhere so don't call me lazy!

Kind Regards from Sweden

Edit: I'm retrofitting RNS-E, Fog Lights, 8V FB MFSW, Cruise Control & DIS, I don't have VCDS! So for not being too much *** stick, to someone i want to know and fix as much as possible so it will be the 1 and only "Multikill Coding Session"

Last edited:
What is it like to fit a stalk to control the dis on a non dis car it's a 2007 a3

Hello, have a audi a3 1,6 Benz from 04, will here if somone could send me the part numbers of the speedometer (FIS), steering wheel (multifunction) , and cruise control? so it will fit my car?

is it hard to code that 09 speedo to work with a 04 car? :)

Hello all.... Has anybody actually retrieved the pin number from a 2009 cluster...?

I'm trying to upgrade my 2008 non dis cluster to a 2009 whit dis unit , I have a 8P0 920 982C which is a very early 2009 unit.

I've spoke to several Audi dealers but none of them will do the recoding and immo/key matching, due to the new cluster was not original to the car... it's not that they can't... they won't !

So I'm left with trying to obtain both pin's and matching the new cluster as per the Immo4 procedure in VCDS ( will that even work?) or putting it in the hands of an auto locksmith and hope that nothing gets bricked.

So what I need something that reads the pin for a 2009 cluster.... VAG commander 5.5 / Pin Reader 3.9 Beta will not do it.... any help/ideas would be great..

Many thanks.

Hmmmm.... I have read extensively on the subject, all 19 pages here and on many more forums too.... that's the point..
I would like to know exactly how the other solutions have been successful.... what tools were used etc....
Thanks for your reply though.... it's just finding a dealer who will do the work... that's the frustration!

hy, i change my cluster on my a3 8p 2.0tdi pd year 2003.08 with 2011 cluster with white dis from a 2011 cr2.0tdi and i have a lot of lights on and my window not work after i do immo off on ecu
.. i post a image with lights on.. esp and abs work but still light. some advice will be great, thanks!

The car must always have immo on, otherwise you will always have the car with safe and glasses will not work, as the ABS you have to go to 17 and log "13861" and then you have to go to a channel that says options additional controls the ABS. is in this topic.

thanks for you answer me so quickly, but why with old cluster windows work with immo off? is for the key that is not pair with new cluster? what can i do in this situation? :/

Hello !
I'll try my best to keep it short guys.
wink.gif

I have a golf mk5 SE 2004 1.9 TDI (Stop hating Lol) and I had a low-line instrument cluster. I decided that it was time for an upgrade so I swapped to a High-line Instrument cluster (big screen+MFD).
Everything works well (cruise control, speedometer, temperature gauge, etc..) EXCEPT the Fuel gauge which stays at zero.
Did instrument tests and the fuel gauge moves and passes the test in VCDS.

I then did some research and found this thread.

Since my car is built before 11/04 I am guessing mine has the same issue with fuel pump/wiring.
So I removed the rear seats to discover the fuel pump and to my surprise the connector has 5 wires coming out which makes me think that the wiring is fine.

I checked the part number for the fuel pump itself and it is version "G".
My cluster is from a 2006 Golf Btw and when connected, it throws an error on VCDS saying the fuel pump is faulty.

My question is:
1) How can I be sure that the fuel pump is too old for the fuel guage to work? Is there a specific version I should buy? can someone let me know which one?
2) I tried checking behind the instrument cluster to see if there is a wire going into pin 25 but I don't know how to remove the cluster wiring harness from its bracket, can someone help me with that please?
3) Can someone show me the wiring diagram for the fuel pump if that's not too much hassle.

Thank you
happy2.gif

IMG 1777

IMG 1776

Back in September I replaced my old '06 cluster for a newer one ('12)

Thank you Nigel you, inspired me :anbet:

As I was saying in the Audizine forum, no one notice the change but I enjoy it every time I drive her :D

13z8qhu.jpg

10elsle.jpg

30ix0me.jpg

g.

11048708_10153177153160071_3426787229074236923_n_zpsuuehlmhr.jpg

Yey finally got mine done. Anyone have any details of what fuel sender is needed for a 2005 TFSI? :D

Just thought id update people, tried a new fuel pump which didn't work. Managed to find a latest revision sender on eBay so going to try that and report back. Part no for ref:

1K0 906 093 G

Got a bit closer for anyone with a petrol quattro..

You need to upgrade sender in both sides of the fuel tank along with the sender unit 1K0 906 093G

Whilst mine has the one additional wire in pin4 for the main pump and sender, the other one pins need to be swapped around:

fuel%20sender_zps6jsank99.png~original

So currently mine has pin 1 from the sender that goes to the cluster, and pin 2 to earth. To get the gauge working 100%, the pins will need to be changed as per above image and 1x wire run to pin 26 of the cluster.

I am awaiting delivery of the second sender from Germany, but I am 99% sure doing the above changes will fix it.

As you can tell, Elsa info isn't 100% as mine has the additional wire on sender 1 but not sender 2. On Elsa it says the same as above image for sender 1 in regards to pin layout and wiring.

Anyhow, parts list needed for TFSI quattro (pending final confirmation in a few days):

1K0 906 093 G - Fuel pump control unit
1K0 919 673 AH - Fuel Level Sender 2
1K0 919 051 AR - Fuel pump and level sender 1

Hopefully this helps out anybody else out there with a petrol quattro :cool:

You need to upgrade sender in both sides of the fuel tank along with the sender unit 1K0 906 093G

Whilst mine has the one additional wire in pin4 for the main pump and sender, the other one pins need to be swapped around:

fuel%20sender_zps6jsank99.png~original

So currently mine has pin 1 from the sender that goes to the cluster, and pin 2 to earth. To get the gauge working 100%, the pins will need to be changed as per above image and 1x wire run to pin 6 of the cluster.

Anyhow, parts list needed for TFSI quattro:

1K0 906 093 G - Fuel pump control unit
1K0 919 673 AH - Fuel Level Sender 2
1K0 919 051 AR - Fuel pump and level sender 1

Hopefully this helps out anybody else out there with a petrol quattro :cool:

Updated.

Confirmed now fully working. Elsa win pin info is conflicting. While according to Elsa, my cluster pin 26 should be blank, and pin 6 occupied, this was not the case and it was the other way round!

But either way the above should help anyone else with a TFSI quattro :rock:

IMG_1699_zpsmvz7tfag.jpg~original

@NHN Not sure if you want to update front page with this info to help others?

Does anybody know if it would be a straight swap on my march 2005 3.2, it has the prefacelift front but has double din etc inside, reg is DY05 HOJ if that helps :)

Hi, old codger here. I have a 2005 Sportback tdi and wondering whether a 2012 cluster would fit without a lot of hassle?
Registered May '05.
Thanks!

Does anybody know if it would be a straight swap on my march 2005 3.2, it has the prefacelift front but has double din etc inside, reg is DY05 HOJ if that helps :)

You will probably need the same as what I needed above. Check under your rear seats for wiring, and original pump part numbers and Il check for you.

And are Dsg and manual the same instruments???

Yes just change in coding.

Updated.

Confirmed now fully working. Elsa win pin info is conflicting. While according to Elsa, my cluster pin 26 should be blank, and pin 6 occupied, this was not the case and it was the other way round!

Great work buddy , im trying to get mine done. unfortunately local dealers said they cant do it. is there any body you recommend ?? or know in wales ?? i did swap my clocks around to see if they worked or powered up and now my original clocks are like a Christmas tree. manage to get rid of most of the codes and stuck with 01486. can you help me on this ??

So I managed to get hold of a white cluster suitable for my car and couldn't resist, so I did a dummy fitting just to make sure there were no dead pixels & that everything worked as it should (which it did).

So, fitted my original cluster back in and you can imagine my heart sinking when the ESP & ABS lights wont go out, even after a short drive up the road. So hook VCDS up and it comes up with four fault codes in the ABS system :(:(

Here are the codes that came up:
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-614-517-MK60-F.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 614 517 AC HW: 1K0 614 517 AC
Component: ESP FRONT MK60-AT 0102
Revision: 00H14001
Coding: 0055938
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 68DBDD005BC03F5E3C3-803D

4 Faults Found:
01279 - Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
01423 - Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)

So I searched on Ross-Tech's website and went through the process of setting up the basic settings and I've managed to clear three of the four faults.
VW Golf (1K) Brake Electronics (MK60) - Ross-Tech Wiki

Now for the fourth fault it asked me to check field four in Measuring Block 8, Group 4. But when I looked it just says N/A

Anyone have any clues to what I would need to do to rectify this?
On the plus side all the warning lights have gone out on the dash now :)

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-614-517-MK60-F.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 614 517 AC HW: 1K0 614 517 AC
Component: ESP FRONT MK60-AT 0102
Revision: 00H14001
Coding: 0055938
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 68DBDD005BC03F5E3C3-803D

1 Fault Found:
01279 - Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)
hi buddy did you manage to get rid of the esp fault ?? and how did you do it ??

Theres coding for brakes that you need to change, then you need to do a full esp initialisation (see ross tech site for details)

I have a 2005 audi a3 2.0t tfsi quattro. Am I able to do this to my car. Change it from the red lights to the white. If so what year/model of car would I need to get the part from

Theres coding for brakes that you need to change, then you need to do a full esp initialisation (see ross tech site for details)

I'm having some problems with an old DIS cluster swap where the ABS unit has the fault incorrect coding yet nothing has changed but the cluster. Any ideas?

hy, i change my cluster on my a3 8p 2.0tdi pd year 2003.08 with 2011 cluster with white dis from a 2011 cr2.0tdi and i have a lot of lights on and my window not work after i do immo off on ecu View attachment 48153 .. i post a image with lights on.. esp and abs work but still light. some advice will be great, thanks!
Do you remember the code of your new cluster?
I have audi a3 8p 2004 and i would like to buy the right cluster with the correct code....regards
Lorenzo

You need to make sure you have an ABS controller with long coding. This is where I had problems. My abs controller had short coding and would not work with the new white DIS cluster. The only way round it was to change the abs unit completely which required me making an adapter to change the wiring. Also, the brake pipe nuts are different sizes (M10-M12 etc).

Do you remember the code of your new cluster?
I have audi a3 8p 2004 and i would like to buy the right cluster with the correct code....regards
Lorenzo

Updated.

Apologies for bringing this thread back up from the dead..i am deep into a very big conversion on my 54 reg audi a3 3.2 dsg (build thread to be started soon, retrofit galore lol!)

Any chance of reuploading or pm’ing the pics mate?
Also you mentioned yours was a tfsi quattro, do you think the senders will require changing on the 3.2?

Kind regards

Apologies for bringing this thread back up from the dead..i am deep into a very big conversion on my 54 reg audi a3 3.2 dsg (build thread to be started soon, retrofit galore lol!)

Any chance of reuploading or pm’ing the pics mate?
Also you mentioned yours was a tfsi quattro, do you think the senders will require changing on the 3.2?

Kind regards

I dont have the images anymore im afraid. I killed off my photo bucket account when they banned 3rd party hosting. If you have Elsa is really easy to find but youl need to check the 2005 change over wiring for your current engine.

I dont have the images anymore im afraid. I killed off my photo bucket account when they banned 3rd party hosting. If you have Elsa is really easy to find but youl need to check the 2005 change over wiring for your current engine.
Ahh right,
I did have a quick look at the fuel pump plug and all 5 pins are occupied so may be a similar situation to what u had...just started by big build thread, if you have a look you'll see why I want the S3 clocks in so bad lol

From memory I ran the one additional wire from the second leveller on the passenger side, and then swapped pins on the driver side