(PR-1A5+2G6+2LD) = 1K0919051BR
(PR-1A5+2LC+2LF) = 1K0919051DB
(PR-1A5+2G7+2LD) = 1K0919051DB
(PR-1A4) = 1K0919951DC
(PR-1A1+2G6+2LD) = 1K0919051BS
(PR-1A1+2LC,2LF) = 1K0919051DA
(PR-1A1+2G7+2LD) = 1K0919051DA

be sure to check pr numbers for petrol

I was very excited to mod my A3 from non DIS to DIS after reading this thread. Contacted an Audi authorised garage near me in Cornwall to see if they could do it and they said they could. Took the car in and they now say they can't because I have a custom ECU map which is stopping them from sorting the imo. I have the custom map because of a DPF delete and adding performance.
Old cluster: 8P0 920 951 G
New Cluster: 8p0 920 982 JX

Address 01: Engine Labels: None
Part No SW: CUSTOM-CODE HW: 03G 906 018 DN
Component: JBS PPD DPF OFF
Revision: --H42--- Serial number: AUX7Z0G6FN900G
Coding: 0000072
Shop #: WSC 66565 257 00032
VCID: 234FD809E2094E001C7

Address 17: Instruments Labels: 8P0-920-xxx-17-MY8.clb
Part No SW: 8P0 920 951 G HW: 8P0 920 951 G
Component: KOMBIINSTR. VDO H20 0630
Revision: D0H20001 Serial number: 1246G001001937
Coding: 0004423
Shop #: WSC 80093 222 69422
VCID: 39731A61708524D026B

No fault code found.
Readiness: N/A

Would this stop them? I believe they send the info off for the car and have said they were trying to find a way round it.

Is it possible to do a swap of the dial and dis from 2009+ to 2006 unit?

Someone on vwvortex did a swap of 2009 standard dial and dis to the s3 dial and dis. I know its 2009 to 2009+ unit but would it have the same connections as a 2006?

Is it possible to do a swap of the dial and dis from 2009+ to 2006 unit?

Someone on vwvortex did a swap of 2009 standard dial and dis to the s3 dial and dis. I know its 2009 to 2009+ unit but would it have the same connections as a 2006?

Yes same for all the viewing year, immoblock is that it must be reprogrammed.

Hi, i have a 2007 a3 2.0 tdi, which i have face lifted to new shape front end and rear leds. I have also changed to flatbottom steering wheel and just had the new style white cluster coded in. I think they look much better than the red ones,but when i have the satnav on playing a cd the white display on my clocks just says no disc and will not change untill i turn satnav off,when i turn it off i can use the toggle switch on the wiper stalk to flick through mph,mpg ect.
Is there any thing i can do to make it work with the satnav on? I have vag com so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very helpful.
Ps my flat bottom controls dont work, what do i need to change to get this working as when i try program it with vagcom it says control is out of range. The std steering wheel didnt have mf.

Thanks james.

Last edited:
Did you need to change the ce module when you installed the fbsw? Put up the details of your vcds scan and we can have a look at it for you. :) x

I have a problem here i Ireland with Audi dealer refusing to swap my cluster using all type of different excuses. Would anyone here be able to provide me an invoice form their swap so i can prove to my dealer that it can and it was done with success somewhere else already.

Welcome to the forum.

Ok so what excuses are they giving exactly?

Reactions: Lewbo and big harty
for a starter i have been told that it's impossible to swap cluster just because i want it. I need to give them a reason like broken cluster or something else.
Then they told me that the newer cluster will not fit into my dashboard. So i politely explained to technician that both of the clusters are same build and size. Had to repeat myself like hundreds of time which i heat just for him to say that it's against Audi policy to swap clusters because there is different chassis number in it and so it's dedicated to a different car. So i started all over again askin how come Audi in Poland or German or UK is capable to change clusters no problem but they don't. He said again it's impossible.

I was lucky enough i rang Northern Ireland Audi in Belfast and they told me they can try to swap cluster but no guarantee that it will work and I get charged 170pounds anyway, This is way i'm looking to get an invoice so i can charge into my local audi dealer and see what they say then or at least ring Belfast and ask, why they want me to pay so much.

any ideas lads ??

Last edited:
for a starter i have been told that it's impossible to swap cluster just because i want it. I need to give them a reason like broken cluster or something else.
Then they told me that the newer cluster will not fit into my dashboard. So i politely explained to technician that both of the clusters are same build and size. Had to repeat myself like hundreds of time which i heat just for him to say that it's against Audi policy to swap clusters because there is different chassis number in it and so it's dedicated to a different car. So i started all over again askin how come Audi in Poland or German or UK is capable to change clusters no problem but they don't. He said again it's impossible.

I was lucky enough i rang Northern Ireland Audi in Belfast and they told me they can try to swap cluster but no guarantee that it will work and I get charged 170pounds anyway, This is way i'm looking to get an invoice so i can charge into my local audi dealer and see what they say then or at least ring Belfast and ask, why they want me to pay so much.

any ideas lads ??

Google, do your research, buy the tools needed and do it yourself. If everybody in IR gets the same treatment from Audi you could make a few quid to recoup your costs offering this service out to others!!

Did anyone find out how to get boost pressure gauge on a tdi?

Top thread Nigel, its been running a while!

Ive acquired a white DIS cluster to upgrade on my 06 3.2 sportback, and have plugged it in to check the functions. All appeared correct other than the fuel level.

With the original red DIS, I have 1/4 tank and 95mile range, the white DIS however, says 2/3 of a tank and 195 mile range. Is this because the wiring and/or pump is incorrect? Or just a coding issue?

With my car being an 06 I assume I have the newer wiring and fuel pump.

Also, do Audi change the mileage when they fit them?

Im going to take it to Audi to have it fitted, just had that query before booking it in!

Thanks in advance.

I can Do these conversions in manchester also adjust the milage no matter whats on the dash I've got 2012 dash with the grey faces in mine now and with the digital speedo in the centre display :)

Mines 06 so no units needed to be changed :)

ive also put the mk6 golf clusters in the mk5 and caddys

Wont let me upload pics!

Unless you're a sponsor, you are not allowed to offer or advise of your services, this is privileged to the people that pay for this ability.

Just thinking out loud,

But if I was to find a new set of clocks with a damaged case, would I be able to swap the new clocks into my original shell/case?

Or would this be pointless due to the DIS face (not sure if these are tinted red in the older clocks or colourless)?

If I remember correctly, you could remove the clocks from the case on older Golfs by undoing a number of screws on the back.

Hope I've made sense.

Danny, have you ever done this for a car that doesn't have DIS?

Stetheo, I got mine from a breakers in Manchester there is some on eBay tho if you search Audi a3 clocks.

Jord11 mine had a display before but didn't show the mph etc what year and engine size is your car?

Yeah I check ebay regularly, i think the problem is i am after an S3 cluster which seem to come up a lot less often.

I'm looking into changing my 2010 non DIS cluster to a cluster with DIS. Unfortunately whilst the dealer I tend to use have said it can be done they won't code second hand clusters fearing a backlash from Audi apparently. Does anyone know if Stoke Audi still perform the coding or is it possible Audi UK have come down on dealers doing this?

Hi Danny,

My cars a facelift 2008 58plate se spec with no DIS

20131118_200905.jpg

20131008_133635.jpg

It's a 1.8 tfsi if that makes any difference

Your not the first to be confused with my clocks, apparently all se spec cars after march 2009 have full white dial with DIS as mine was built slightly before this I have facelift dials (as my car is a facelift) but red small screens with a centre screen that isn't red :uhm:

Mines a 2006 a3 2.0l tdi se with no dis and I'm wanting to do this to my car but don't know what part numbers I need plus I need the stalk

Jord11, I've currently got the TDI variant of those clocks in my 2010 'A chassis' A3. Have just test fitted a cluster with DIS and first signs are good for it just requiring coding, well that and obviously the wiper stalk for full functionality but that can wait until I know they code up alright!

So subject to finding someone to code the immobilizer side it looks like goodbye horrible old clocks, hello modern ones that the car deserves!

Bit of a bonus, the new clocks are on 400mi more than my old ones so of I can get it coded this week I should be able to avoid the need for mileage correction by driving up and down the road a bit! Love it when things work out like that 😀

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386525826019.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386525826019.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 666
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386525839562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386525839562.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 717
SJ! You dont understand how happy I am to read this!

Was it just plug and play?

What spec is your car?

When I got it it was pretty much the base spec 1.6Tdi. It has since had a couple of the control modules changed to allow for some retrofits but, as I've not changed any coding so far to reflect an upgraded cluster it suggests at least basic functionality of the dis as shown regardless of the cars spec.

That picture was taken literally having unplugged the old cluster and plugged the new one in, no other changes what so ever. With the ignition on it gave me the low fuel warning and passenger airbag on message before changing to what can be seen in the picture, I cannot tell you how nice it was to finally see some text in that little screen, however I'm sure you can imagine how disheartening it was putting the old one back in to let me start the engine haha!

Last edited:
What modules havr you changed?

What retrofits are you planning on doing? I'm not after a lot just, CC, MFSW, DIS and maybe fogs.

What is left for you to do to complete the installation?

Oh god I can imagine, I've thought about selling my car but it's seems impossible to find a 1.8t with a better spec, decent milage and history for what I paid for mine.

I've changed the steering control module and the Central Electric module both to highline units so I believe when coded to tell them the dis is there I should gain pretty much it's full functionality, if anyone knows of other modules that may need changing to suit please let me know!

As it happens I've retrofitted CC, MFSW, and Front fogs to mine, along with an RNSE Mk2 and cd changer. I've also enabled TPMS but to reset this without plugging the laptop in requires the DIS to be fitted I believe.

I think once the instrument cluster is coded to the cars immobilizer (so I can start the car with the new cluster in) it'll just be a case of checking the right tick boxes in the steering and the central electric controllers to tell them this DIS is there and that'll be me done. I'll get the wiper stalk with the correct buttons to scroll through the menus once the dash is otherwise up and running.

Going to call the dealership I bought the car from tomorrow to see if they'll code the cluster to the car for me. Will update you with the progress!

Whos doing the coding for you sj? Running with the immo turned off wont allow the central convenience module to function correctly.

Anyone got part numbers for clocks and stalk cos I'm struggling to find them at the breakers yard
mine is a 2006 a3 tdi

Going to give Stansted Audi a bell in the morning to see if they'll do it as I've no intention of running the car without the immobilizer! The VCDS bits I'm doing myself, I did have a read up on Vag Tacho etc but don't really fancy having a crack at anything immo related! Just noticed your sig mate, how much do you charge for the immo coding?

Oh and possibly a mileage change too if I can't get the car up to 50136mi by running it up and down the road beforehand!

Exactly the retrofits I'm after bar the RNSE as I'm after a 7 inch sat nav with a detachable screen.

Did you fit them yourself?

Where did you get the highline modules from?

So I can now confirm the facelift can have dis retrofitted, however it seems you'll be hard pushed to find a dealer who is willing to code a second hand cluster now days. There are a few forum members who offered to do the immobilizer coding side of things should anyones local dealer not want to get involved though. Has all integrated as expected, as good as plug and play.

Jord, yeah have fitted everything myself with the exception of doing this immobilizer coding, the high line modules have all come from eBay breakers as and when I've seen them at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
So which dealer coded yours in and who was your contact/technician? Given the complex route I have to go down it would be cheaper and easier to deal with them direct :D

Do you need to pair the new cluster with the correct gearbox (manual or auto/dsg) or is this something that is set out in the long coding?

If it's set out in the long coding, am I right in thinking all I need is a cluster that has the same rev ceiling & max speed as my original cluster? Oh and of course full DIS :)

So which dealer coded yours in and who was your contact/technician? Given the complex route I have to go down it would be cheaper and easier to deal with them direct :D

Was coded by Stansted Audi, however they did state that they normally won't code second hand clusters and were only doing it as it wasn't specified that the replacement cluster was new when the work was booked in, something I suspect they'll be making a point of asking from now on. I think it also helped that the mileage on the clock was an exact match to the old one as they've not had to show a mileage difference on the invoice. It really does look like the dealer route for coding these is getting harder to go down now.

Prior to doing the work I was warned that there was a possibility of control modules locking up and not being salvageable when connected to Audi Germany, this was obviously to be at my own risk. As it happened the ABS controller was reset to a completely uncoded state but has taken on the previous coding without issue, have reset the abs and steering sensors and now all is well.

Do you need to pair the new cluster with the correct gearbox (manual or auto/dsg) or is this something that is set out in the long coding?

If it's set out in the long coding, am I right in thinking all I need is a cluster that has the same rev ceiling & max speed as my original cluster? Oh and of course full DIS :)

Transmission is set in the instrument coding so yes you just need a cluster with the correct speed & revs but with DIS :)

Reactions: ryanstewart9
So I managed to get hold of a white cluster suitable for my car and couldn't resist, so I did a dummy fitting just to make sure there were no dead pixels & that everything worked as it should (which it did).

So, fitted my original cluster back in and you can imagine my heart sinking when the ESP & ABS lights wont go out, even after a short drive up the road. So hook VCDS up and it comes up with four fault codes in the ABS system :(:(

Here are the codes that came up:
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-614-517-MK60-F.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 614 517 AC HW: 1K0 614 517 AC
Component: ESP FRONT MK60-AT 0102
Revision: 00H14001
Coding: 0055938
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 68DBDD005BC03F5E3C3-803D

4 Faults Found:
01279 - Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
01423 - Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)

So I searched on Ross-Tech's website and went through the process of setting up the basic settings and I've managed to clear three of the four faults.
VW Golf (1K) Brake Electronics (MK60) - Ross-Tech Wiki

Now for the fourth fault it asked me to check field four in Measuring Block 8, Group 4. But when I looked it just says N/A

Anyone have any clues to what I would need to do to rectify this?
On the plus side all the warning lights have gone out on the dash now :)

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-614-517-MK60-F.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 614 517 AC HW: 1K0 614 517 AC
Component: ESP FRONT MK60-AT 0102
Revision: 00H14001
Coding: 0055938
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 68DBDD005BC03F5E3C3-803D

1 Fault Found:
01279 - Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)