'09 A3 Sportback Front Speakers Not Working

zoltar

Reaction score
Hi People,

Yes I'm a total newbie to the forum so please forgive my launching into an appeal for advice as my first post - I have been on here for ages soaking up all the excellent advice.

My heart is broken trying to fix my front speakers, my A3 has the Concert system. The fronts generally wont work at all however once in a while for a split second sound does come from the driver side front speaker - I cannot tell if sound is coming from the passanger side for that split second. Rear speakers are fine. Bluetooth connects to my phone just fine but when I get a call but I cannot hear anything through the speakers - so I think the bluetooth only comes through the front speakers - this is a real big issue for me.

I have :
- Checked balance & fade
- Checked all fuses
- Removed HU and checked the wiring ( keys cost me 8 quid !)
- Removed driver door card and speakers to check everything was OK (found .50 pence and solved a rattle issue, big bonus !)

I've no idea where the amp might be or even if that might be the issue - any help would be greatly appretiated.

Some other possibile culprets I thought of :
- Passanger side speaker wiring - if one front speaker was blown would the other side fail also, is it worth checking passanger side?
- Could it be the dash centre speaker? How the hell can I get at that bad boy to check it?
- Would it be worth getting a diagnostic done, would that tell me whats wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advie on this.

Also, just want to say what a great place this is for info. I managed to replace my broken rear wiper motor last month thanks to all the guidence available on here - felt like a technical genius after doing it :) and saved a packet!! so thanks a lot!

Last edited:
If its Bose, all speakers go to the amp 1st then lines from head unit to amp.

Check the door rubber grommets for broken wires as this is common.

Amps in back either back right behind a boot panel if Bose or its fixed to the sub on the left side on non Bose systems iirc.