08 A3 Creakey Drivers Window

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
OK i may have missed this somewhere on the forum but the only issue i have with my motor is when fully up the window creaks and groans ! Drop it slightly noise gone, coated the top of the glass with silicon spray but it still creaks !!

Please give me an answer it spoils a good car and the dealer would possibly make it worse or deny theres a problem or dismantle the car into a million bits to find it.

I'd like to know aswell. Only thing that bugs me about the car!

Had mine in to the dealers last week and all they did was grease it or something. Either way it hasn't sorted it!

Common A3 fault, sorry, feature. Yea, the dealers love slapping silcone stuff all over your doors and windows. Marvellous idea, just hide the symptoms. Remember someone applying a wax crayon (black of course) to the fuzzy felt bit in the window frame...

There a thread on here about this some one put crayons on the window seals.
I'll see if i can find the thread for you to now

the good old black crayon tricks works wonders. my passenger side started doing it last week, so out came the black crayon....job done, creeks gone!!!

Cheers buddy thats great its been driving me loopy for the last couple of months or so after some long trips. :applaus::applaus::applaus::applaus::applaus:Thanks

your welcome had the same problem and iwas driving me crazy! Remembered reading a thread when i first got my a3 so did as it said and its been fine. :thumbsup:

Polished the steel on the door apertures and wiped the felt seal with silicon and done about 30 mile to visit Mum tonight and it was as quiet as a mouse.

Chuffed to bits now :happy::happy::happy: Thanks for your helpful advice on this matter :friends: :friends:

36 years in the automotive industry and iv'e been looking at the wrong bits :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Good job you lot were here :happy::happy::happy:

dealers actually managed to stop mine from creaking , which was a big suprise, applied sum grease or something! didn`t particularly want them going anywhere near it but had to bite the bullet as it was sounding like i was back in my mk2 golf!!:wacko: