06 A4 Quattro S-line 2.0T (B7) - my 1st Audi

knewsom

Reaction score
Hey all, I just picked up the above titled Audi, my first. Black on black, auto, saloon, loaded, only 69k miles. Would've preferred the Avant with a manual, but that's apparently extremely rare, and I needed a car as I'd just smashed my poor mini to bits - this one had a low price due to some scratches in the paint so I jumped on the low mileage car.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to perusing the forum for critical bits of knowledge, I plan on doing a lot of lurking. Of course, the previous owner screwed a few things up that I'll need to spend some time unf**king. The list of things immediately on my plate is as follows:

-Replacing the tail lights, as PO did a terrible glue-on "blackout" mod.
-Removing the awful radio transmitter "aux-in" that has made every other radio station unusable.
-Adding a proper Bluetooth module to the Sat Radio so I can make phone calls and listen to music.
-Replacing the destroyed center armrest.
-Replacing a burned-out headlamp.
-Changing all fluids. (SOP for new used cars, for me)
-K&N in-box air-filter.

Anything else I should add to my list? Eventually I may want to replace the head and tail light assemblies with some sharp-looking and brighter LED ones, but from everything I've read the only ones available are both complete junk and many don't fit the Quattro, so I may just be sticking with the stock lights, provided I can find adequate replacements for the rears.

Any recommended reading material would be quite appreciated, I'll pop back with a picture soonish.

Cheers,
Kris

Reactions: Sandra
Last edited:
Gunter

Very nice Kris. I have left you a few links on the post above. May be some good reading in the faqs thread. :)

Hi Sandra, thanks for the info!

As I'm beginning to discover more about this car, I don't think it's actually an s-line, but has exterior badges and painted red calipers. Shocks are standard black, and I don't see any interior S-line badging on the wheel (though the steering wheel is 3-spoke). In the end, I'm OK with how the suspension is now, it's pretty comfy, and though it doesn't handle as well as my Cooper S did, I know I could pretty easily swap the shocks out for something better anyway without breaking the bank.

Other than being red, are there any other differentiation with the S-line brakes, and the S-line in general? I checked for rear drive-shafts, and it's Quattro at least, lol.