034 Transmission Mount

fearLesss

Reaction score
Hey all,

Got an 034 Transmission Mount I need to fit, as far as I'm aware I can't do it at home because it's right in the centre of the car and I don't think I have a jack that can give me that kind of clearance.

I asked Shark Performance if I could pop it over for them to fit for me and they wanted to charge me an hours labour at £60, is that right? According to the instructions it should only take a minute once its on the ramp.

Going to ring my local garage and see what they say.

mercules

Reaction score
Maybe their minimum charge is an hours labour a lot of garages work that way. Maybe wait and get it fitted when you have your service?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

arad85

Reaction score
Surely you have a local who can help.

ruairi83

Reaction score
This takes 10mins with a jack and axel stands. Buy a jack and axel stand from Argos or halfruads for £30-40 and do it yourself and you will have the tools bought rather than paying £60 for 10mins work lol

fearLesss

Reaction score
This takes 10mins with a jack and axel stands. Buy a jack and axel stand from Argos or halfruads for £30-40 and do it yourself and you will have the tools bought rather than paying £60 for 10mins work lol

Can you get under with axel stands?

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
Can you get under with axel stands?

It's very tight on axle stands but just about managed o ours, didn't feel safe though!

Also make sure you have the right tool to hand, I didn't and ended up getting it fitted when car was on ramp having other bits done