SQ5 034 Motorsport ARB (Rear Anti-Roll Bar)

Helens happy if I'm happy......its the way she's always been!
She doesn't drive or go out much either so she see's it as irrelevant.
I dont regret buying the SQ5 for one minute and I'd keep it if I won the lottery and had the huge garage too lol.
Just a shame I didn't manage to get the 034 arb fitted to it

Same here, just wish I had more £s, and time
4451.gif
to play...

However, I've had 55-years of FUN motoring and for sure have driven everything I've ever wanted to so no complaints!

I consider myself very fortunate.

Make sure and tell Helen we love 'the nails' AND that that 'nail' image has now gone GLOBAL and will stay here on ASN FOREVER! :yahoo:

Helens nails

I'm thinking Sandra might do something similar... :whistle2:

Last edited:
Reactions: -Ju-
If you're concerned about the handling it may be worth checking out the 'plus' models which came out towards the end of 2015. Used prices don't seem to differ much from other models but they've got a bit of extra kit as standard including a sports diff. It's a great performance and safety feature which, IME, totally eliminates understeer.

Thanks for your input SteveMcB.

A 'plus' model would be nice (I also like the black trim)... depending on budget - I do have to get this APPROVED by the missus ;-)

I've found a company that sources and inspects vehicles across Europe (obviously for a cost), but prices do seem to vary and regardless of mileage. They seem to be cheaper in Germany and Spain.. just I'd have to trust the company to verify all the important points.

Remember I'm currently driving an older diesel Passat, so, I'm certain an SQ5 would be a significant improvement. But I am a spirited driver and like my car's handling to be tight and direct. It's interesting however that you said the sports differential eliminates understeer, which suggest that there is some on earlier non-plus models - in your opinion, is it significant?

Thanks again for the pointer.

A 'plus' model would be nice (I also like the black trim)... depending on budget - I do have to get this APPROVED by the missus ;-)

Don't we all!!!!

Reactions: gratifi.me
I always thought the 2016 SQ5 was pretty darn good anyway but wanted a tad more. I had fitted an 034 to our 2011 8P RS3 back in 2016 and always regretted waiting 5-years to do so as the 034 provided more than I thought possible. My car ownership from the late 60's to 2006 were Lotus, Elan Sprint (45bvtc) and +2S130/5 and or Europa Twin Cam (MG Metro Turbo for her and for 17-years) and so my interest in cars was always 'agility/handling/braking' rather than 'straight-line speed'.

That I was struck by the 2015/16 SQ5 is well documented here on ASN and I can truly say my thoughts of an RS7/RS5 etc were truly dashed that day, see: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...-and-counting-down-to-a-place-near-me.386559/

It's all in there...

So, thoughts: with STD suspension springs and shock-absorbers, using 21-inch summer rims and 20-inch winters an 034 for our SQ5 was an obvious choice. Set up 'Max' (there are two settings) the difference was immediate and amazingly good and yes I can truthfully repeat "it follows it's 'nose' more and the back end is 'well' planted!"

I would therefore say that SQ5 now is more 'direct' than 'pointy' on twisty roads and for sure more 'chuckable' on the twisty stuff and for sure cornering 'flatter'.

And YES, my opinions are exactly the same, love it.

To add, on Monday last we took our RS3 (034 equipped) from Hednesford to Uttoxeter via Rugeley using the B5013 - it gets more interesting on the Uttoxeter side of the Blithfield Reservoir. OK, so the weight/mass of the RS3 is way lower than that of the SQ5 -as shown below; and for sure we love our 8P RS3 but jumping back into our SQ5 I was laughing, and that's me fast approaching 76-years of age.

And while we've no intention of selling our RS3 and/or TT there's nothing in the Audi stable that I'd swap our SQ5 for: we are both very, very content with our 2016 SQ5

Hope this helps

PS: If I didn't have the 8P RS3 I might be tempted with an RSQ3 but don't tell Ju and our other ASN RSQ3 owner members here, lol - each to their own... :racer:

Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated.

So based on your significant experience of S/RS products and SteveMcB's input.. I should definitely be considering a 'plus' model.

I've always loved RS4's and my mouth waters whenever I think about an RSQ8, but the SQ5 makes for an interesting proposition as a solid "all rounder" especially given my likely budget. And I absolutely know I'll throw money at it afterwards... it's in my blood.

Reactions: 45bvtc

I've found a company that sources and inspects vehicles across Europe (obviously for a cost), but prices do seem to vary and regardless of mileage. They seem to be cheaper in Germany and Spain.. just I'd have to trust the company to verify all the important points.

Remember I'm currently driving an older diesel Passat, so, I'm certain an SQ5 would be a significant improvement. But I am a spirited driver and like my car's handling to be tight and direct. It's interesting however that you said the sports differential eliminates understeer, which suggest that there is some on earlier non-plus models - in your opinion, is it significant?

Make sure and review BHP/Torque/RPM characteristics and match those to your driving style/requirements - they are different, a PLUS needs a tad more revs. Back to back I did not go 'PLUS' as I much preferred the lower torque-band for our intended use.

PM me with your email address if you need a AUDI UK Q5 SQ5 SQ5 PLUS SALES BROCHURE OCTOBER 2015

And SteveMcB is right, if you want/need them added facilities then go 2016 SQ5 Plus and I'm sure you'll NOT be disappointed.

Alternatively go less and add to your own needs - like what I did/have and am contented with - for now, lol :racer:

Reactions: gratifi.me
Make sure and review BHP/Torque/RPM characteristics and match those to your driving style/requirements - they are different, a PLUS needs a tad more revs. Back to back I did not go 'PLUS' as I much preferred the lower torque-band for our intended use.

PM me with your email address if you need a AUDI UK Q5 SQ5 SQ5 PLUS SALES BROCHURE OCTOBER 2015

And SteveMcB is right, if you want/need them added facilities then go 2016 SQ5 Plus and I'm sure you'll NOT be disappointed.

Alternatively go less and add to your own needs - like what I did/have and am contented with - for now, lol :racer:

Awesome thanks, I'll drop you that PM

I'm certainly not beyond tinkering/tuning.. (my Scooby was testimony to that) so yeah your suggestion re going less and upgrading would also be a consideration.

Awesome thanks, I'll drop you that PM

In fact, its seems I am unable to PM you. Can you possibly PM me?

Yes, no problem, done already...

The SQ5, for me, is very UNDER the radar i.e., FUN! :racer:

PS: Sandra (our wonderful guru here on ASN) says: "New members don’t have the facility to pm (send or receive) till they have at least 10 good posts on the forum."

Last edited:
Reactions: paul wev and gratifi.me
Helens happy if I'm happy......its the way she's always been!
She doesn't drive or go out much either so she see's it as irrelevant.
I dont regret buying the SQ5 for one minute and I'd keep it if I won the lottery and had the huge garage too lol.
Just a shame I didn't manage to get the 034 arb fitted to it

Coincidentally I've got a 'Helen' as well :) , nice looking car you've got there and I genuinely admire the colour choice, even ordering sepang (first and only time I've been lucky enough to buy a brand new car) took me well outside my black/grey/silver comfort zone!

Reactions: 45bvtc and -Ju-

TBH I only test drove (accompanied by salesmen!!) one 313 and one 326 so am far from an expert on those models and certainly can't comment on their high speed cornering abilities.
One of them, I can't remember which, had pretty poor throttle lag which I didn't like - but could have probably put up with - and was just about to push the button when I stumbled on the 340 (plus) version which was coming soon.
This was my first (probably last) brand new car so I wanted to get it right. It was about £4 or 5K more expensive than a 326 but has 340bhp and an extra 50NM of torque which was enough to make me (shallow or what :) )want it, the diff (witchcraft), quilted leather and other interior add ons were a bonus.
I ordered one before they were available to test drive and have not been disappointed, throttle response is instant, torque shove is addictive, handling for an SUV is incredible, it's decent on fuel and great for towing as well.
Downsides are the brakes, headlights and tech, MMI looked dated even when new - but that doesn't bother me. I've already upgraded the bulbs and will change the pads for the ones John recommended soon.
Admittedly I was slightly miffed when just after I got mine they brought out the plus SE runout model, that's got every extra as standard and with discount could be had brand new for about £47K !
No matter what one you go for you'll love it, the bitdi is a fantastic engine.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Coincidentally I've got a 'Helen' as well :) , nice looking car you've got there and I genuinely admire the colour choice, even ordering sepang (first and only time I've been lucky enough to buy a brand new car) took me well outside my black/grey/silver comfort zone!
I spent 3 days debating whether or not I could live with the colour before realising that if I didnt get a deposit down it would be gone and I'd be gutted!
Its so much nicer when you see it in real life, its a stunning car in every way

Reactions: 45bvtc and SteveMcB

I don't have a Helen but a Judith (RS3copilot) and OMG :racer::sadlike::racer::sadlike:

That said, I've been caught speeding 4-times and she hasn't...
55.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveMcB
TBH I only test drove (accompanied by salesmen!!) one 313 and one 326 so am far from an expert on those models and certainly can't comment on their high speed cornering abilities.
One of them, I can't remember which, had pretty poor throttle lag which I didn't like - but could have probably put up with - and was just about to push the button when I stumbled on the 340 (plus) version which was coming soon.
This was my first (probably last) brand new car so I wanted to get it right. It was about £4 or 5K more expensive than a 326 but has 340bhp and an extra 50NM of torque which was enough to make me (shallow or what :) )want it, the diff (witchcraft), quilted leather and other interior add ons were a bonus.
I ordered one before they were available to test drive and have not been disappointed, throttle response is instant, torque shove is addictive, handling for an SUV is incredible, it's decent on fuel and great for towing as well.
Downsides are the brakes, headlights and tech, MMI looked dated even when new - but that doesn't bother me. I've already upgraded the bulbs and will change the pads for the ones John recommended soon.
Admittedly I was slightly miffed when just after I got mine they brought out the plus SE runout model, that's got every extra as standard and with discount could be had brand new for about £47K !
No matter what one you go for you'll love it, the bitdi is a fantastic engine.

And I still think 'em superb, Steve so 100% recommendation for the 8R SQ5, 8P RS3 and 8J TT

Mine: FRONT pads: FDB4969 @ 89.98 REAR pads: FDB4190 @ £37.49

https://www.ferodo.co.uk/products/light-vehicles/eco-friction-brake-pads.html

Reactions: SteveMcB