'03 A4 1.9 TDI 'Problems'....

I

imported_timcoupe

HI all,

I recently got rid of my company car, a '54 A3 2.0 TDI (140) and bought an '03 A4 1.9 TDI Avant (130). Whilst absolutely delighted with the A4, there are a couple of niggles which I wanted to voice, just in case I am being paranoid...

1. The engine seems very 'boomy' on the A4, the engine noise in the cabin is a lot louder than the A3. I have a friend with a Golf TDI 130, same engine as the A4, that has commented on how loud mine is compared to his. Is this something to be concerned about? Is it normal?

2. When the car is low revs, < 1500RPM, the clutch pedal is super smooth, and goes down and up sweetly, however, >1500RPM, there seems to be some resistance as the pedal is pushed down >20% of it's travel. It feels just like there is some hestitation on the spring. My old vauxhalls used to do this all the time, but it is weird that it only happens over a certain rev range. Thoughts?

3. When the car is driven first thing in the morning, just as you pull away, there seems to be a clunking/knock noise from the front drivers side of the car. I wondered if there is some calibration of something happening under the bonnet as it never happens again until the car is stone cold.

4. I have an RNS-D satnav unit, when tweaking the front / rear fader for the stereo purely to the rear, the volume is very low compared to tweaking fully to the front. In fact, you just cannot hear anything from the rears when the settings are equal. Doesn't sound quite right to me, Are there any tests I can do to check if the rear Amp is working?

Thanks!!

Tim.

Hi,

1. A4's do seem to have loud engine noise

2. !!!!!!

3. This the ABS pump doing self test, If you rest your foot on brake pedal as you first move off you will feel the pedal pulse.

4. My A4 is just the same have run lots of test on radio and amp no falts found as of yet.

DD.