02084 fault code...........A6 2009

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
02084 - Component Protection
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

Get the above code..........ive replaced the control module for central electrics (i think j519)
still trying code it in,getting no drl's working and the big dial knob in center (by gear shift) not working either when the knob is turned.

Is this a defo job for audi? i do have vcds.

you need component protection removed obviously - get audi to do it

you need component protection removed obviously - get audi to do it

IS it audi only.........can vcds do it?
ive coded the headlights,but cant get the drl's to come on with the ignition,the drls however do come on ,but only when headlights are on.
this something do with component protection? never come across this before.

VCDS wont remove CP - Audi may charge 1 hours labour to remove it.

Yes I think thats the CP kicking in.

sorry to sound dump..........but what is it exactly,and will it stop drl's working etc?
VCDS wont remove CP - Audi may charge 1 hours labour to remove it.

Yes I think thats the CP kicking in.

CP is basically a safe mode for certain components incase they are stolen then sold on, no need to worry, every major component has it and will kick in if its fitted to another car.

Audi will remove this if you provide your V5, ID and of course the car.

Each component has different ways of showing that CP is enabled - for instance, if you fit a CD changer, it will bleep and skip tracks every couple of seconds.

Try clearing the fault, then rescan.

Have you tried changing the adaption channels and coding to suit your car yet?

have you tried the ross tech wiki website for the coding?

here go's......the car (my friends) had a new windscreen fitted as the other one was damaged quite bad,so water got in attacked the control unit,he then purchased a controll unit fro TPS,i fitted it,his xenon hid's work ok ,but the drl's only come on with the xenons,where as they should be activated with the ignition,i could not take the original wsc code or software coding off the original unit as it would not communicate(cannot be reached),ive coded it to the best of my knowledge adn vcds pop up box,also the big dial/knob that controls the sat nav dont work either (linked?) would cp still come up even if unit was new?
CP is basically a safe mode for certain components incase they are stolen then sold on, no need to worry, every major component has it and will kick in if its fitted to another car.

Each component has different ways of showing that CP is enabled - for instance, if you fit a CD changer, it will bleep and skip tracks every couple of seconds.

all i have done is put a new software coding in,wsc code....thats all,adaption?

That's nothing to do with the adaption.

Open the module go to Coding or Adaption and work your way through it. That's if it even lets you.

done that,coded it
That's nothing to do with the adaption.

Open the module go to Coding or Adaption and work your way through it. That's if it even lets you.

If its got CP then do as Chris states goto audi end of as tools to remove outside of audi are big money.

ok will do mate,just a question, would the cp stop sat nav big dial working and drl's ?
If its got CP then do as Chris states goto audi end of as tools to remove outside of audi are big money.