02 Bora TDi Sport electrics failure!!!!!

46TheDoctor

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor
Reaction score
Evening all, my wifes bora on 52 plate with only 29k has developed a strange fault, both keyfobs no longer operate doors, car can be un locked manually but when u lock it only drivers door locks and you have to go to each door individually and lock it, all electric windows have packed in interior light also, any help greatly appreciated.:haudrauf:

Sounds like a problem with the CCM, you need to check fuses (can't rmember which one off the top of my head) that or it may have locked up and needs a reset (power off for a while).

Paul

Cheers for the advice, car was in at the stealers for the day and was found to be a fuse / relay worked itself loose, it took em 4 hrs to find problem but they didnt charge me a penny! Well done Dane Volkswagen Chester!!!!!:respekt:

Hi guys my problems are back, and theyve brought some friends just to p*ss me off, the problem has now turned intermittent and keeps setting alarm off too, also if you enter one of the back doors then close it, when you drive off the dis warns that a door is open (when its not) and keeps all interior lights switched on. I still have the original problems with keyfob not working, no leccy windows or central locking, but now its all intermittent by the day.:keule:

You really need to scan the car to see what the issue is.

I suspect that the problem with the rear door is the door state confirmation microswitch, built into the door lock module and due to its location, it gets a good dose of spray lube when the steelers kindly lube the door locks. That or a dry joint on the circuit board in the module (microswitch is more common though). You can probably clean the microswitch up with some contact cleaning spray (solvent based). Though you do have to completely disassemble the door to get to the module, you may be able to spray clean the switch as it is located just below the actual catch.

Does sound like you still have a power issue on the ccm and the dealer didn't fix it properly or the problem has re-occured. So you need to check the fuses and fuse holder, I doubt if the ccm is powered by a relay as it is on all of the time for the alarm and remotes. Best bet would be to get hold of the circuit diagram, I know Haynes cover the Mark IV Golf but not sure if it covers the Bora (though most of the wiring is probably the same).

Good luck,

Paul

Cheers 4 that useful info, its goin back in dealers next monday, do you think the rear door problem could be related as this happens when the car is havin a fliddy. Could i ask you what a ccm is? Is it the convenience unit and also the ****** seems to have sorted its act out the last few days.:icon_thumright:

Well it could be just that the rear door module is playing up and dragging the ccm (Central Convenience Module) down with it. Theccm has it's own CANBUS to talk to the door modules.

As far as I can remember they are about £85 plus VAT at the dealers, the problem will be the labour to change it as they have to take the door apart and so there is probably about 2-3 hours labour there.

Paul

The main fuse for the convience system will have blown, i believe it is one of the small fuses at the top of the fuse box...... 3rd one along and 3rd one down.

The fuse normally blows if the main interior light switch is moved into half on and off position!!

4hrs to find............... it's a common fault!!