006 or 007 forge valve?

brookescourt

Reaction score
I am after a bit of advice,
Which Forge diverter valve would suit my car best out of the above?
Its a 96 A4 1.8 T Sport.
The car is standard at present but I have a K&N filter ready to fit and will be getting it chipped in the new year. I will probably leave the exhaust standard for now as it is a new system.
Cheers,
Rob.

I've had these jam on me and cause problems. Believe it or not, the best valve I have seen is AmD's Viper.

It's construction is unique featuring an all metal construction with anti-jam design.

Please see the link below for photos:

AmD Viper pics etc...

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Ram

Thanks Ram,
I was planning on a Viper but can get Forge ones for £65 delivered which I thought was good, but mabye not if they are going to cause trouble in the future.

I'll be starting another groupbuy this week on the viper valve, check out the groupbuy forum in the next few days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Use the latest revision Bosch. For about £20 its the best value and they seem to last and perform much better than the older Bosch ones.

I have 2 on my chipped S4, APR reccommend them.

You don't get any increase in performance with the aftermarket DVs in my experience and they cost an awful lot more.

I ran Forge 006 on my 1.8T with an AmD chip, and changed back to Bosch due to slower turbo spool up and fears about reliability.

Standard plastic Bosch are "OK" but frequently need checking and replacing!

I also gave my experiences about the forge valve - go try the Viper and you'll feel the difference. It's quiet, rugged and built to last a very long time!

I see you're Scottish David! Nice one! You go ahead and save your hard earned!

Some of us do have a few quid burning a hole in our pockets!

Best wishes,

Ram

Dave, the Forge/Hyperboost are both pretty much the same, I know you won't beleive me but the viper does react quicker, I'd sell all the old DV's for beer money if I was you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i know this a OLD reply but it exactly what i wanted to know. i was JUST about to order a forge 007 valve but now.......... do these not give better performance or any difference?? would a baileys be better??

I've found alot of the reaction time in regards to the DV is down to the spring used on the Forge valve, never had any issues running then on our cars!

As said above, if you have the right spring for what your car's boosting then the Forge 007's can't be faulted. Alot of people run the wrong spring in them without knowing. They're not the worlds best selling replacement valve for nothing.

Damian @ DPM

Just put some 007s on my S4 at the weekend!
One of the first upgrades I do to my own cars...
...actually, I normally set the laptop writing software to the ECU then fit the DV!