0-60 times using Dragy

CarterRS

Reaction score
After getting the rs3 mapped a couple of weeks ago i decided to get myself a dragy and see how quick it actually was.

Was expecting around 3.7 0-60, best run out of 3 was 3.36. It felt rapid!

How does that compare to anyone elses?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-164615_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-164615_dragy.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 600
What tune do you have and what oct are you running? I assume you are at stage 1 or 1+

Here is mine at 3c and 19c tuned with Uni 1+ running 98 ron. I do have an apr inlet combined with a k&n panel filter and evo1 ic upgrade

50c8f04134cfc30a94dc06316a559b62.jpg

036788399603a45d3f341f006b91c133.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Impressive results!

Mine is running stage 1 from mrc and i was on 97 ron
It was my first go with it, i had a passenger and a full fuel tank.

Impressive results!

That makes your result more impressive ;)
Do you have access to 98 or 99 ron?
If you kick your passenger and say 1/4 of a fuel tank you could probably go very low 3 using 97 with a drop of e85 (like an e20 blend)
Or perhaps you are lucky and can see a 2.x sec ?? :)

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: CarterRS
Spec: 2017 RS3, APR Stage 2 tune, Miltek double decat (Standard back box), APR Intercooler, Turbo Inlet pipe + hard pipe, Panel filter and dogbone. Shell V-Power 99 RON. Almost an empty tank. No passengers.

Only tried a 0-60 timing with dragy twice. Fastest was a 0-60 of 3.6s which can be seen in the image - This was with wheelspin and on a country road!

I haven't tried since. 3.6s is a good enough indication for me. Well.... maybe I'll try again one day, but it would need to be on a more even road with better tyres. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-173413_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-173413_dragy.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 605
Reactions: CarterRS
That makes your result more impressive ;)
Do you have access to 98 or 99 ron?
If you kick your passenger and say 1/4 of a fuel tank you could probably go very low 3 using 97 with a drop of e85 (like an e20 blend)
Or perhaps you are lucky and can see a 2.x sec ?? :)

Sent from my iPhone

We do have 99 ron and i nornally run it on that but yesterday i was abit low so had to go to a different garage

I will try again soon without a passenger and less fuel to see if i can under 3.3

Performance report of my best run

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-175245_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-175245_dragy.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 471
What tune do you have and what oct are you running? I assume you are at stage 1 or 1+

Here is mine at 3c and 19c tuned with Uni 1+ running 98 ron. I do have an apr inlet combined with a k&n panel filter and evo1 ic upgrade

50c8f04134cfc30a94dc06316a559b62.jpg

036788399603a45d3f341f006b91c133.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
Bit off topic but whats the Evo 1 like? worth the upgrade over the standard cooler?

Bit off topic but whats the Evo 1 like? worth the upgrade over the standard cooler?

I don’t think you can find any thing as bad as the stock cooler.
Evo1 (not the older one) has a core volume of ~13L compared to the stock 8.3L

Here is a 4th hear pull at 14c ambient with same start and warmup.

3536dfb802497e797c0b19551b06ba87.jpg

You will of course find upgrades that is better then the evo1. I went with the evo1 coz it has the whole core exposed to air flow (where others have the upper 1/3 hidden behind the crash bar) and require no crash bar mod. ACC (if you have one) will also fit without any mod / recalibration.
Evo1 uses a tube fin core and the ic weight is about 8kg compared to the 5.5kg stock cooler. If you compare this to some other bar & plate the evo1 is light weigh :)
Adding more weigh to the front of the car is not the smartest thing you can do if you ask me.
Usually tube fin is better for the track and bare & plate is better for the drag stripe.

Sent from my iPhone

I don’t think you can find any thing as bad as the stock cooler.
Evo1 (not the older one) has a core volume of ~13L compared to the stock 8.3L

Here is a 4th hear pull at 14c ambient with same start and warmup.

3536dfb802497e797c0b19551b06ba87.jpg

You will of course find upgrades that is better then the evo1. I went with the evo1 coz it has the whole core exposed to air flow (where others have the upper 1/3 hidden behind the crash bar) and require no crash bar mod. ACC (if you have one) will also fit without any mod / recalibration.
Evo1 uses a tube fin core and the ic weight is about 8kg compared to the 5.5kg stock cooler. If you compare this to some other bar & plate the evo1 is light weigh :)
Adding more weigh to the front of the car is not the smartest thing you can do if you ask me.
Usually tube fin is better for the track and bare & plate is better for the drag stripe.

Sent from my iPhone
Thankyou for the detailed reply! it is on the list good to hear some feedback not many have it.

Impressive results!

Avoid using high revs on a tuned car if you have fuel lower than 98/99RON in the tank or you will damage the engine. The FL car is especially sensitive to fuel quality and it makes a big difference to performance.

Reactions: 8YARWY
This is my FL car with MRC stage 2+ switchable mapping with DSG map. No crazy weight stripping and running 235/35 Michelin MSP4S street tyres. Car is full spec with extra weight of pano roof and rails etc. It also has Eibach suspension and upper (o34 motorsport) and lower (stainless APR) dogbone mounts which all help to launch without excessive engine/gearbox movement.
IMG 0461

Reactions: Terminator x
What figures did you get on stage 2+?
The last MRC dyno run showed 548ps and 785nm but I see that the latest MRC switchable maps with higher octane fuel are seeing over 590ps and limiting torque to around 750nm (to help preserve the rods).

This is my FL car with MRC stage 2+ switchable mapping with DSG map. No crazy weight stripping and running 235/35 Michelin MSP4S street tyres. Car is full spec with extra weight of pano roof and rails etc. It also has Eibach suspension and upper (o34 motorsport) and lower (stainless APR) dogbone mounts which all help to launch without excessive engine/gearbox movement.

Would love to see your 1/4 mile time on this setup :) My best so far is 11.0 sec and I was hoping to go into high 10 after I did the dog bone insert.

FL??
I assume every car in this thread is the 400hp Facelift version. Anyone here have the older 365hp car?
Also since I have been hanging on the us forums I assume all cars are sedan but I guess some here have the SB version?
This could have an impact on the cars drag coefficient on higher speeds.

Sent from my iPhone

Would love to see your 1/4 mile time on this setup :) My best so far is 11.0 sec and I was hoping to go into high 10 after I did the dog bone insert.

FL??
I assume every car in this thread is the 400hp Facelift version. Anyone here have the older 365hp car?
Also since I have been hanging on the us forums I assume all cars are sedan but I guess some here have the SB version?

Sent from my iPhone
Here you go....I also have a 10.92 and 10.89 run somewhere too with terminal speed at over 127mph. These were recorded at some runs I did at Santa Pod. I had just over half tank of fuel that day too. Me and a friend ran our cars on low fuel at the previous SP event and had some weird stuttering shortly after launching the car off the line. MRC advised us that the fuel scavenging in the FL car tank can struggle to suck up enough fuel when accelerating hard on launches with less than two bars on the gauge. I have also included a 100-200kph time in case you are interested.

IMG 0901 IMG 4060

Man that in incredible quarter mile and 0-60 at stage 2. I can only hope mine comes close to this result. Thanks for posting it.
My car was a full stage 2 package with down pipe, IC upgrade and larger turbo inlet (Forge). The switchable mapping allowed the use of higher octane fuel or booster which makes a a good difference on the DAZA engine. I also had the DSG mapping and had replaced the upper and lower dogbone mounts which restrict the engine/gearbox movement under launch and hard cornering.
A tip for better times is to build the boost and just as it reaches its peak at around 3400rpm take your foot off the brake and send it. If you sit there with the launch control bouncing up and down on the limiter you will not always get peak boost as you launch. And don't forget to switch off the Hill Assist function if you have it.

This one looks good 100-200kmh for 650hp (claimed) @ low 6s, but the 0-100kmh and 1/4m time..... hmmmm, seen better with just under 500hp.

That top end tho!!!!!!!!

/// not launched so probably quicker on those times

Last edited by a moderator:

FL??

Sent from my iPhone
I have a 2015 with decat, Wagner intercooler and high flow filter 471bhp but too much of a peasant to own a dragy!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Walternate
3 am quarter mile passes ;) It's cheaper than a drive to the track and the time off work for me, though not a replacement for a well prepped drag strip its pretty decently accurate. Also fun to lend to friends and compare times, then laugh when they are much slower than you. ;) Buy aye, after some playing about with it it may end up in a drawer. But you can always sell it on once you are content with your setup. For me I mostly wanted to compare before and after a stage 2 tune. Too wet this time of year here though sadly.

Thanks for that, I'm sure I need a bit more practice, I have just been watching the boost bar climb and going when it peaks. I never managed a consistent time before my stage 2 tune, but best was around a 3.61 IIRC, and the car certainly launches WAY harder now. Hoping I will see a bit closer to your results with warm dry tyres/roads and a the right technique :). Looking at my "blue" acceleration arc compared to yours mine is up and down like mad, which I assume is loss of traction. Yours is nice and linear. Very very impressive results mate.
I would have liked to try it pre and post Revo map because I'm pretty sure they just kept the car all day while drinking brews and didn't actually touch it.
Same when I got the other bits, it would have been good to see the difference but anything from here onwards I'm guessing I'd be looking at thousands in mods to see any difference?

I would have liked to try it pre and post Revo map because I'm pretty sure they just kept the car all day while drinking brews and didn't actually touch it.
Same when I got the other bits, it would have been good to see the difference but anything from here onwards I'm guessing I'd be looking at thousands in mods to see any difference?

Surely you can tell a difference, even with more of a smoother map? They also increase the rev limit. Is yours a FL car, if so you’ll be able to see it?

Revo seems to just give you a canned tune, and if the numbers stated on this forum for DNWA cars are any indication what they make on DAZA cars they are well short of all their major competitors.

Funny you say that.....every dyno shoot out session I have been on (and there have been plenty) since owning my first PFL car and recently the Fl car too, the disappointment owners have always been the dreaded tuning box brigade and .....Revo tuned cars.
To be fair, they have improved on the results for their FL platform tunes though.

Reactions: bokoboy and 8YARWY
Wow, sorry to hear that mate. A stage 1 tune should put a HUGE smile on your face, pick up nearly 100 bhp and definitely something you can very much notice, feel and is a comparative night and day difference for stock. Looking at the above MRC stage 1 tunes they make almost as much power as with stage 2 parts. The add ons just give a little more consistency (intake and exhaust temps) and a bit more power. If Revo didn't live up to expectations, you might try another tuner that will give you dyno tuned and measured before and after. Revo seems to just give you a canned tune, and if the numbers stated on this forum for DNWA cars are any indication what they make on DAZA cars they are well short of all their major competitors. If I were you I'd pay MRC or perhaps Infinit performance a visit who will prove the before and after figures.
Mine is PFL though mate.
I've seen FL models with 472bhp from just a map mine took an intercooler, decat, high flow filter and a map to get 472bhp.
Think the Revo claimed 390-415 I think for just a map?

Interesting to hear you've seen it first hand. I've had a couple of MQB cars, and Revo has done some pretty amazing things with Golf R's to be perfectly fair. But the RS3 tunes seem a bit underwhelming.

Ah sorry mate, didn't realise you had a PFL. Bottom line is that without a dyno before and after you really have no idea what you are getting, Still worth taking it to MRC and let them work their magic. I'd bet ya £20 they can unlock a whole lot more power from that combo ;)
I was gonna take it to them in the first place but thought it was a bit far to travel. So in the end traveled even further to DMS

I have a 2015 with decat, Wagner intercooler and high flow filter 471bhp but too much of a peasant to own a dragy!

Is your ic the smaller evo1 at about 9l core volume or do you have the larger 13l version on your 15?

Sent from my iPhone

You have revo on your rs3?
My first tune on mine was revo but I logged some strange n75 dc behavior and boost was hit and miss all the time.
Did you log yours to see how it performed?

Here is a revo log and after I removed it I went with unitronic and did same logging.

ed77eaee7323c83ab8b1c9838e0322ff.jpg

f0ddd7908f1c39a096c546628bc21245.jpg

Usually n75 starts at 100% for so to drop to get into boost quickly but you can see revo starts at 75% and is struggling to keep boost under control.

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: TTE Si
You have revo on your rs3?
My first tune on mine was revo but I logged some strange n75 dc behavior and boost was hit and miss all the time.
Did you log yours to see how it performed?

Here is a revo log and after I removed it I went with unitronic and did same logging.

ed77eaee7323c83ab8b1c9838e0322ff.jpg

f0ddd7908f1c39a096c546628bc21245.jpg

Usually n75 starts at 100% for so to drop to get into boost quickly but you can see revo starts at 75% and is struggling to keep boost under control.

Sent from my iPhone
I did have. Had the Revo done, thought it was ****, had the parts fitted and a DMS map.
Didn't log anything, wouldn't know how to, car just didn't feel right.

Old post and this is invalid but this is the best I got today Revo stage 2 and no dsg map.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724_114051_com.dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724_114051_com.dragy.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: Dan_DJT
Revo stage 1, valid. ;)
f4ae2862ae47a62371daeba28f9b20ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spencer589
Revo stage 1, valid. ;)
f4ae2862ae47a62371daeba28f9b20ae.jpg

Nice! what tyre pressures were you running I'm 39 psi front & 35 rear on continental contact 6's. Mine's the sportback not sure it make any difference?
One thing killing me is no DSG map it's slurring changing gears.

Last edited:
Nice! what tyre pressures were you running I'm 39 psi front & 35 rear on continental contact 6's. Mine's the sportback not sure it make any difference?
One thing killing me is no DSG map it's slurring changing gears.

No idea lol, I was on p zeros. Just whatever the pressure were on the door label lol.

I had no dsg map but would have gone TVS stage 2+ if I’d kept the car!