👍Re maps

reid1

Watch this space
Reaction score
Hi all it's amazing now days that anyone can remap a car . I replied to an add in gumtree there was a guy advertising tramps from £75 so now days any Tom **** or Harry with no clue about cars never mind mapping can advertise a remap

true but its an even wider problem as those who work for themselves and claim to have X amount of years experience... dont have a clue either... I dont know whats worse... someone selling a £75 with no idea what they are doing... OR... someone pretending to have years of experience and using a generic aggressive map... i paid £195 for my first upsolute map a few years ago and the map was so horrific i had it removed within a few days and got my full money back. you can even download maps off the net these days but i wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats true. My mate had his TT 225 remapped back in november by someone on the slightly cheap and he believes it was this that destoyed his turbo as it was highly aggresive. The turbo was replaced and it was remapped with a Shark Stage 1 and hes never been happier.

The thing is that if something looks too cheap to be true,it usually is.
Good software does take time and money to develop,but it takes one of those guys no time to turn out rubbish.