£50k cars,what one would you have and reason why or why not

Well, IMHO, I think the SQ and Fpace look the part,:hubbahubba: I don't like the RR or any of the X range:puke2:. If comparing looks I'd say, for example, that the S3 looks more like a Mk1 Astra than an SQ looks like an Evoque :cheerful:

I am pleased my S3 looks like an Astra, my wife thinks it looks like a Fiesta, I like understated.

I am not questioning anyones tastes but to my eyes all the mid sized SUV's look much of a muchness wth the exception of the Macan of course which is sex on legs (he says tongue in cheek)

Reactions: SteveMcB
I am pleased my S3 looks like an Astra, my wife thinks it looks like a Fiesta, I like understated.

I am not questioning anyones tastes but to my eyes all the mid sized SUV's look much of a muchness wth the exception of the Macan of course which is sex on legs (he says tongue in cheek)

Porsche *** is the macan not built on a Audi platform?,does it not share engines from Audi? Think has a lot more Audi in it than Porsche lol

Reactions: pburv and Daveotto
Porsche *** is the macan not built on a Audi platform?,does it not share engines from Audi? Think has a lot more Audi in it than Porsche lol
Maybe that's why I like it so much :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Problem with the Macan - for me anyway - was they only make one diesel and it's way down on power, about 80bhp less than the SQ5 plus. This only left the petrol, Macan S is the entry 3.0, it has the same bhp as the SQ but a lot less twist, 460NM compared to 700. Fuel consumption I would expect to be poor as well.
Starting price looks attractive but the extras add up even quicker than Audi.
If cash was no object I'd take a GTS in a heartbeat, they are cracking looking motors, but unfortunately I had to draw the line somewhere and was already 10K over my original budget.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
Back to the original question.
S6 too big for me. RS3 I dislike these with a passion (sorry to those who have one) after a long drive in one I came away proffering the S3.

But I'm losing my interest in the S3. I find the accelerator pedal so uncomfortable on long journeys I don't use it.
I'd be looking Cayman I think for fifty grand. Or a low mileage M3 perhaps....

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Reactions: Simon L, Brasso, pburv and 1 other person
I think you are mate, it's definitely not MQB. Thought Porsche were standalone now?

A think there's a relationship between Audi and Porsche mate,Cayenne is on the same platform as the Audi Q7....no doubt l am wrong with engines...lol,Not really a lover of Porsche,silly looking headlights/DRLS...And ****** expensive, even the key to the thing is a optional extra....would rather do Audi RS....and blow most of them oot the waaater, as they say up here in Glasgow,although l am not from there...lol

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I did see a low-mileage used RS4 the other day, in Brilliant Red with BSP and privacy. That would have taken my £50k without a doubt.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Jassyo06
Bedtime reading for another night....sitting in restaurant overlooking lake Geneva with a beer is far more preferable tonight :)

Your where....frickin Geneva...and yer on here.....do ye love the Macan that much.....lol Davey boy.....

Reactions: Daveotto, Simon L, Scottyg and 2 others
A think there's a relationship between Audi and Porsche mate,Cayenne is on the same platform as the Audi Q7....no doubt l am wrong with engines...lol,Not really a lover of Porsche,silly looking headlights/DRLS...And ****** expensive, even the key to the thing is a optional extra....would rather do Audi RS....and blow most of them oot the waaater, as they say up here in Glasgow,although l am not from there...lol
Original Q7, Touareg and Cayenne shared a platform, but not sure they still do. On paper my S3 should comfortably see off a Macan Turbo

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I did see a low-mileage used RS4 the other day, in Brilliant Red with BSP and privacy. That would have taken my £50k without a doubt.

Old mans car....looks awesome from the rear though...like Jen Lopez..............gurnin face on has jassy...lol

Reactions: Simon L, Scottyg, pburv and 2 others
Original Q7, Touareg and Cayenne shared a platform, but not sure they still do. On paper my S3 should comfortably see off a Macan Turbo

Aye but your car is on steroids...lol

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and batch

Porsche are owned by Volkswagen Group.

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person
S4 avant.. All I would want in a car, space, pace and understated..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Gazwould, pburv and 1 other person
Bedtime reading for another night....sitting in restaurant overlooking lake Geneva with a beer is far more preferable tonight :)
You lucky barsteward....lol:respekt:

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, Scottyg and 1 other person
Porsche are owned by Volkswagen Group.
Is it not the other way round Rob? I thought the Porsche family had the biggest stake in the Vag group??:shrug:
Very quick edit ...I got it the wrong way round ...oops Sorry Rob...:readit:

Reactions: Satory and Rob2k68
Yup, Porsche tried to take over VW 8 years ago, and came this close -----> <----- to acquiring the magical 75% of shares required to thoroughly clean out 8 billion Euros from the safe at VW. But, they were outplayed by VW's Ferdinand Piech, who, with help from a global financial crisis and some friendly shieks forced Porsche almost to the point of bankruptcy. VW then swallowed Porsche whole... Thus the hunter became the hunted, mounted, stuffed, and gimp-masked bitch of VW.

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Max-Robbo and 5 others
Is it not the other way round Rob? I thought the Porsche family had the biggest stake in the Vag group??:shrug:

That's right. Bottom line, the Porsche family controls it all. They own more than half of Porsche and 100% of the voting rights, own about a third of the VW group and control more than half of the voting rights.

Reactions: Daytonapig
Bump! Why does the Q5 not use the s-tronic?
Might have something due to the fact it now has the longitudinally mounted engine and not the transverse engine?
I tried going on the Audi UK site this morning to check the configoration but for some reason it was not running properly??
Anyway found this article which states there is an option for an s tronic version available..:friends:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/q5/86440/new-audi-q5-taking-shape-ahead-of-late-2016-release

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, Scottyg and 1 other person
Given the choice of the two in the OP I'd take the big one because I drive in the dark quite a lot and it'll have better lights. Don't fancy trying to park it anywhere apart from my huge driveway though!

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Jassyo06
Given the choice of the two in the OP I'd take the big one because I drive in the dark quite a lot and it'll have better lights. Don't fancy trying to park it anyway apart from my huge driveway though!

Hypothetically speaking l would take the S6 as well,the tech on it is way off the richter scale Matrix lights etc 450 pony's and its already had initial big hit with its depreciation,£70k car

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
V8 beats I5, too!

Me pooches would appreciate the extra room in the back, I expect...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Hypothetically speaking l would take the S6 as well,the tech on it is way off the richter scale Matrix lights etc 450 pony's and its already had initial big hit with its depreciation,£70k car

............and it's got an aluminium footrest unlike the 3.................grrrrrrrrr!!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
............and it's got an aluminium footrest unlike the 3.................grrrrrrrrr!!

Sq5 didn't have them either. It came with a pretty crxp looking plastic cover. Got this from Germany, no doubt they'll do S3s as well.

Sorry it's minging, we'd been hill walking!
P1190473

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Jassyo06