£30K Budget... what Audi to buy?

atkins14

Reaction score
Website
www.peteratkins.co.uk
Sadly not for myself, but my friend is looking to buy a second hand Audi.

He would like a larger car that is suitable for a kid and pushchair etc.

Looking for nothing older than a 2013 car and preferably under 30,000 miles on the clock and a budget of up to £30K

We have looked at the 2015 A6 2.0L TDI ultra and briefly a 2013 A7 3.0L TDI.

Preferably Daytona Grey or black with Black styling pack...

Something that is relatively economical as well, so S/RS 6 & 7 are not really viable.

Anyone got any suggestions on these cars or things to look out for? Or anything else that could fit the bill?

Thanks

Pete

If it were my money it would be on a S3 SportsBack. You'll get a year old one for less than that. 5 doors, decent boot and enough room for everything a baby can throw at it. Plus they get to have fun when there's no family in it.

Maybe I'm being a bit too simplistic, but it sounds like he has a really good idea of what he wants (mileage, budget, colour) so why not just go on the Audi Approved Used site, stick those parameters in the search, select A6, A6 Avant, A7 and maybe A8 and just see what comes up? If nothing else it'll give you a good idea of what's around.

We do have a pretty good idea, but then again nothing is set in stone... his opinion changes quickly haha. We are planning to test drive a few this weekend to see how it all is. I guess I am just wondering for people who have tried both the cars. I know the A7 starts pretty much as a 3.0L TDi quattro where the A6 you can get the 2.0L tdi.

Think the S3 is just too small, I have the S3 and not much chance to just chuck the pram in if there is anything else in the boot.

I've a 5 door Golf R - the boot is useless. Assume the S3 SB is same size?
Dave

LOL. Not even sure why i went 5 door as he has only been in about 5 times. Should have gone 3 door :footy:
Dave

All depends what pram you have. I had a Scirocco when my youngest was a baby and it coped fine with what we needed. Pram, shopping etc no issues. Have a compact buggy that folds flat and Bobs your uncle.

You could get a new one for that price. Check out some of the broker sites for an A6 avant 2.0 Quattro s line and see what comes back.

Reactions: david7m
All depends what pram you have. I had a Scirocco when my youngest was a baby and it coped fine with what we needed. Pram, shopping etc no issues. Have a compact buggy that folds flat and Bobs your uncle.

The boot is shallow to accomodate the rear diff. Are Scirocco's 4wd?
Dave

SE executive is coming in at 26k and the quattro SE s tronic is coming in at 29k. If he has a play about, spec up some options and see how it looks. Great deals to be had and the newest model is well equipped in basic trim.

Should be able to get a new A5 SB for £30k right now. Expect about 18% off list.

Could probably push for a 3.0TDI for that balance of economy and performance, and fully loaded at the black edition trim level.

Reactions: atkins14 and Scottyg
S4 Avant, should be able to get one of the last ones built for that kind of cash, can get decent MPG on a run, around town it isn't so good

Well we went slightly over budget, but ended up going for the Facelifted 64 plate Black edition A7 3.0L TDI Quattro... With the lunar silver interior... Here are a couple of pics!

Reactions: azibux1, Alex Richardson, jojo and 1 other person
Haha...isnt that always the way!

Beautiful car! Very classy colour combination too.....dont envy him trying to park the beast though...!

Reactions: atkins14
Yeah, its looks great being a black edition as well! I took it for a few drives! It is a wide car as well, pretty much touches the sides of a standard parking space white lines!

Reactions: DrEskimo
Yeah, its looks great being a black edition as well! I took it for a few drives! It is a wide car as well, pretty much touches the sides of a standard parking space white lines!

I got given one as a loan car and it was such a nice place to be. Not a diesel fan but I could still appreciate the comfort and quietness of the cabin. In the 3.0TFSI guise, it would be perfect for me...

Having said that it couldn't fit in my parking space at my old flat...! Wouldn't want to park it up on the roads either :/

Well we went slightly over budget, but ended up going for the Facelifted 64 plate Black edition A7 3.0L TDI Quattro... With the lunar silver interior... Here are a couple of pics!

Awesome, could almost pass it off as an RS7 to the untrained eye! Love it!

Reactions: atkins14
Congratulations mate. You and your friend got a great car. I was absolute that you are going to buy the A6 2.0L

Congratulations mate. You and your friend got a great car. I was absolute that you are going to buy the A6 2.0L

Well that was the direction he was looking to go, then parked next to it at Audi was an A7, just looked that bit more exciting! Especially the Black Edition! The rest is history... :relaxed:

Reactions: Alex Richardson