£189 for an oil service? What has the world come to??

My last service the oil was £100 for 5 ltr....lol

Total madness. Since when has oil been £15 a litre??

I think they're charging me £130 @ M25 Audi, but I paid in the hope that they would pick up anything else that maybe wrong or on it's way out and tell me about that too... Hopefully nothing's wrong! Lol, it would cost about £60 to have my car looked over anyway.

I should add I am counting on them being greedy and looking for faults/ problems in the hope of drumming up more easy money!

That too much.

Sure I paid just over £100.
Will check my invoices when I get home.

Thats `Ooop North` prices BTW.

Where everything is coal fired, flats caps are standard apparrel form the age of 9 and every one has a whippet with ricketts.

100 quid an hour labour and oil and filter !!!!!!!! Bout right then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 quid an hour labour and oil and filter !!!!!!!! Bout right then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£150+ an hour down here mate ( surrey)

That too much.

Sure I paid just over £100.
Will check my invoices when I get home.

Where everything is coal fired, flats caps are standard apparrel form the age of 9 and every one has a whippet with ricketts.

You telling me you don't keep pigeons then !!! so how do contact each other ?

interim is just a check round and top up of washer bottles /anti freeze and oil...not an oil change !

Oooo I didn't know I could get a free MOT! Cheers

I had a freee MOT and they said i needed 4 new disc's and pads !! so i took it to my local BMW garage and they said the discs and pads were about 70% worn but would be fine for at least another year !....no such thing as a free anything at a garage !!

I had a freee MOT and they said i needed 4 new disc's and pads !! so i took it to my local BMW garage and they said the discs and pads were about 70% worn but would be fine for at least another year !....no such thing as a free anything at a garage !!

Ah well we'll see how it goes, worst case I go somewhere else afterwards and pay what I would've paid anyway. Also I'll still just be in warranty so I should be covered for anything bigger.

You telling me you don't keep pigeons then !!! so how do contact each other ?

Credit crunch, we ate all the pigeons.

Smoke signals for coms mate.

No matches btw, thank the lord for Ray Mears or we would even have fire.
Phew.

What about the meat pies and brown ale!!!! You forgot the good stuff Paul!

Anyway thats far too much to pay for a stamp, unless you need the stamp, use an Independant!

if you really need the audi stamp then its worth it otherwise if you can do it your selfs then do it i serviced my car last year for a grand total of £42.59 by using eurocar parts and i fitted it all myself

Staz, I think the free MoT's stand if you have the car serviced by Audi in the interim (e.g. book is fully stamped at intervals).

They wont be savvy enough to see brakes and other odds and sods being done outside the group, but I'm sure it's why my dealer said I was entitled to free MoT last March as they tried initially to charge me for it.

In the same week I got a free online voucher from their website, then a paper flyer through the post offering free pick up and return + MoT for £35, but then the dealer tried to charge me full whack at the till despite being told in the morning it was going in for free offer. I think he thought I was talking 'Audi Customer make-believe' as he didn't even know the offer existed (just like they didn't know about £169 summer Nav offer or servicing offers).

In the motor industry franchises are just what you DON'T want when trying to manage service consistency and a clear pricing structure for your products and services. They inevitably ignore what they don't want to take part in, and hence why Mercedes got rid of their UK franchises in 2001 back as without centralised rule you get huge service and pricing variations nationally. The franchises raised £1.5m to fight their case and lost. Shame for the sake of some UK customers Audi AG don't see fit to do the same.

My book is all stamped up so that part is fine. I'm not sure how they could mess up the free part though. I plan to pop in there a couple of weeks before, take the email and book it in. They then log it on the booking as FoC so there should be no problems.

Back on topic, £189 is way too much, always phone around. The two cheapest I have found is York and Milton Keynes. It doesn't matter if they're not near you, just get their best price (I simply say "is that your best price??" and they always manage to drop it) then go back to your local one and tell them. It's not failed now on 3 services.

Stafford Audi last week I paid £99 for a standard interim oil service.

I thought this was a UK wide offer?

Oil is expensive but if you suggest you buy Audi Oil from Parts and Pay them to put it in it can often be cheaper. Not sure of the exact figures but I think they charge £20 a litre on Service bills and you can buy a 3litre can for less than £40

Oil is expensive but if you suggest you buy Audi Oil from Parts and Pay them to put it in it can often be cheaper. Not sure of the exact figures but I think they charge £20 a litre on Service bills and you can buy a 3litre can for less than £40

that... is... retarded.

I keep telling you all how to do it, but as usual no one takes any notice.
For the last time.
Go to your local TPS, buy your oil, filter, & sump plug there at massively discounted money.
Currently 5 ltrs of longlife is circa £25, oil filter for most is no more than £4, & a sump plug £1.50.
Get it all put in a VW platic carrier bag.
Book your car in for an oil change & when doing so ask for the labour charge, most dealerships will haggle as they are desperate for the work.
Agree a labour figure, book it in. Turn up on the day, tell the numpty on the desk that all the materials needed are in the boot of the car.
They can only bill you for the labour charge you have agreed & they stamp the service book.
Had a 2008 TT 2.0 TDI in Tyneside Audi yesterday, 1st service, oil change only. I have the bill in front of me now, labour charge £49.50 +vat. Toatal cost £58.16.
They will try & sell you all sorts as well such as air con re charge, alloy wheel re furb, even try & sell you a ltr of top up oil for the boot @ £15. Just refuse.
I do this every time i have a VW or Audi in stock i that i want a service stamp in the book, there is nowt they can do about it. As long as it is the correct oil for the car.

For the last time.
Go to your local TPS, buy your oil, filter, & sump plug there at massively discounted money.
Currently 5 ltrs of longlife is circa £25, oil filter for most is no more than £4, & a sump plug £1.50.
Book your car in for an oil change & when doing so ask for the labour charge, most dealerships will haggle as they are desperate for the work.
Agree a labour figure, book it in. Turn up on the day, tell the numpty on the desk that all the materials needed are in the boot of the car.
They can only bill you for the labour charge you have agreed & they stamp the service book.
Had a 2008 TT 2.0 TDI in Tyneside Audi yesterday, 1st service, oil change only. I have the bill in front of me now, labour charge £49.50 +vat. Toatal cost £58.16.
They will try & sell you all sorts as well such as air con re charge, alloy wheel re furb, even try & sell you a ltr of top up oil for the boot @ £15. Just refuse.
I do this every time i have a VW or Audi in stock i that i want a service stamp in the book, there is nowt they can do about it. As long as it is the correct oil for the car.

Where in your massive 21 posts have you kept telling us how to do it??

It's a good idea however but if this £99 thing is right then it's not exactly saving a lot of money. A tenner for the hassle, no thanks.

Maybe i had a previous life, MR CHEEKY STAZ!
I see you still have an attitude problem.
£99, I would doubt very much if that is a long life service.
Audi charge long life oil out @ £15 a litre, most engines require 4.5 - 5 litres.

I see you still have massive attitude problems yourself :icon_thumright:

For the last time.

Sub3h doesn't seem to like this idea. MAkes sense to me and nothing retarded about saving money!! I agree with Staz why let the stealers have your money even if it's only £10:banghead:

Last edited:
Sub3h doesn't seem to like this idea. MAkes sense to me and nothing retarded about saving money!! I agree with Staz why let the stealers have your money even if it's only £10:banghead:

I'm confused, you agree with me but you don't want to give them the money?

If it's a tenner then I wouldn't bother, my local dealership is a mile down the road, TPS is a 40 mile round trip and any other place such as Halfords isn't worth the £10 saving. But I agree that if it's more than that fair enough get the bits yourself and save some cash, makes total sense.

If I can save a tenner without seriously upsetting anyone and with minimum inconvenience I will. Spent an hour re-arranging some investments this morning and made £150, some aggro but not a bad hourly rate.

I had my S3 serviced in August with the £99 oil change offer. When I booked it in they asked for the reg. no. etc. and knew it was an S3. I mentioned the £99 offer and said that as it was an A3 up to 2 litres I assumed it would be £99. They agreed and did it for that price. This particular dealer also happens to use long life oil even on the time and distance regime (which my car is on) and they left a litre of it in the boot (NB they use Shell Helix rather than Castrol Edge). A full service is £249 iirc?

I had the free MOT last week from my not so local anymore Audi Main Dealer.

Audi customer services called me and told me about the offer when they reminded me i needed an MOT. I said that the car isn't due a service for another 13 months. If i accidentally forgot about the "committment" to have it main dealer service, were they gonna come and hunt me down for my £54?? NOPE.

They were fantastic. They collected the car from my house, which is outside their normal 15 mile radius, did the MOT for free, and had it back in my drive with a nice shiney MOT certificate and a bill for ZERO by 11:30.

Only gripe would be that its a 38 mile total trip - the driver used 1/4 of a tank. Bet he had a smile on his grubby little face!