£189 for an oil service? What has the world come to??

Maybe i had a previous life, MR CHEEKY STAZ!
I see you still have an attitude problem.
£99, I would doubt very much if that is a long life service.
Audi charge long life oil out @ £15 a litre, most engines require 4.5 - 5 litres.

Erm....... for modern Audi engines there is no difference between longlife/fixed servicing oils. The spec is 504.00/507.00 and the price is the same regardless.

Sub3h doesn't seem to like this idea. MAkes sense to me and nothing retarded about saving money!! I agree with Staz why let the stealers have your money even if it's only £10:banghead:

no i wholeheartedly agree.

i think it's retarded that they charge you more for the same item if you don't go to the parts department and collect it yourself.

Staz - Hope you're well! I've used Camberley Audi (not too far from you) for the free MOT and there were no issues at all, it was free and there were no random issues highlighted. I've got it booked in again on Monday for another free MOT and a £99 service. I've confirmed that includes oil, filter, all fluids and a general check. While a tenner is a tenner I really can't be ***** with the hassle of getting parts etc seperately either especially when, in my view, your more likely to just annoy the dealer.

Went for an oil service today and it cost £99.
But they did say the price is going up to £129.

Yup just noticed that. They changed all the prices now;

Our fixed-price jobs* are:

• Major service £269
  • Interim service £149
  • Cam belt £399
  • Brake pads & discs (front or rear) £249
  • Brake pads (front or rear) £129
  • Clutch (quattro®) £849
  • Clutch (non quattro®) £649
  • Brake fluid change £49
  • Front Wiper Blades £39
* Privately owned Audi vehicles over 36 months old from date of registration. Up to and including 2.0 litre engines for A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, TT and Q5. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Prices include VAT at the prevailing rate and parts and labour. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Channel Islands

Just rang Stockport Audi and Manchester Audi and both quote £149 for the oil service for a 2.0Tdi Sport! She said "it's go up a little", I said "50% is not a little...". If they stuck it at £99 then it is very appealing, yes the trade parts cost £30 for genuine filter and oil but to save doing it yourself and the AUDI stamp it's worth it at £99 IMO...but not so appealing at £149.

An oil change must take about 30mins max at dealers, they will be paying much less for the oil and filter than £30, so say £20 at most, that's still £80 labour for 30mins at £99, now they want £120 just to open and close a sump bolt and top up the oil.

I spoke to my local dealer about this today. They were honest and said the kick back they get from Audi UK for the offer was only just viable in terms of cost v profit. So the dealer network have 'negotiated' with Audi to up the pricing structure.

Had an oil change on friday with the sum of only £63. Managed to get a discount as the old man deals with the garage but still £189 is definitely a major rip off!!! Aylesbury Audi for all that are near and want to see if they can do a good price.