£1053 for my Audi service - look on their face when I said no priceless!

Spaceylala

Reaction score
Please do not give me grief for the title of my "hello" am just a little bit grinchy at Audi for thinking they could rip me off! :wtf: On a better note Helllllllo to you all and can I pick your brains?????

err did they charge you for screen wash when your screen wash was full to the brim?

Welcome to the site 1st of all.

Yeah enlighten with more info instead of one post with sod all in, lol

Someone from another forum was quoted £7500 for their RS6 service..!!!

Enough to bring you to tears that one...

Imagine the amount of customers they have who know sod all about cars paying for this....

One week after service....

Autotrader Ad: For Sale, Audi A(Insert number) fAUDIsh, just serviced, blahblahblah

Exactly.
He got the urgent bits done to pass an out of date MoT (!), including £0 for some oil to a door hinge...????? And £291 for 1 tyre....!

I believe he's now booked in with Grizz...

If people are going to pay those sorts of amounts, then Audi will gladly take their money.

What was the point , with out saying what the charge was actually for ...

eek sorry for the delay in replying:

£200 Initial service (hmmmm oil n filter changes - according to the book should also include interior light check but drivers side interior light is still not working!!!! Oh the £200 did include the £2.80 (plus labour) it cost to fill an already full to the brim screen wash bottle!!!!))
£50 brake fluid top up (not a full drain and replace just to freaking top it up!!!!
£329 for cam belt change.
£40 for window wipers (got originals online for £14 and fitted em myself instead).
£60 air con check.
2 x £187 for two new tyres which were not needed - (got em checked independently and were way off needing replacing - and that was apparently discounted - call went like this "blah blah blah brake fluid, blah blah blah wipers, blah blah blah etc, oh by the way you need two new tyres......
Spacey "Oh which two tyres do I need?"
Audi "Your nearside front and outside rear"
Spacey " Sorry is that passenger front and driver rear?" Yeah yeah laugh it up I dont do nearside and outside!!!!!!!
Audi "Yes"
Spacey "Well sorry mate but the front passenger side is brand new so I know damn well that doesn't need changing!!!"
Audi "Ohhh errr did I say front passenger side? I meant front drivers side and rear passenger side!"
Spacey "Errr so you don't know which tyres need changing?"
Audi " You need a new passenger rear and a new driver front but we currently have a good deal on tyres"
Spacey "Oh ok so how much will it be?"
Audi "We currently have a special offer price at £187"
Spacey "Oh for two thats not bad!!!"
Audi "Oh no that is for one!"
momentary pause whilst Spacey cackled manically before regaining enough posture to reply....
Spacey "Are you having a laugh - I can get tyres through my partners works for £120 and I think they are ripping me off!!!!!!!!"
Audi "Oh errr so you do not want us to replace the tyres then??"
Spacey "No thanks"
Audi "Ok well you car will be ready to pick up at 12.15pm then"
Spacey "Has the car passed its MOT?"
Audi "Oh yes Mrs X everything was fine"
Spacey "So why did I need new tyres then? I didnt think you could pass an MOT with dodgy tyres?"
Audi "Well Mrs X there is only 2 to 3mm of tread above the legal limit and they are getting a little bare"
Spacey "Hmmm so I don't need new tyres as they are legal???"
Audi "Oh errr well yes Mrs X"

Hmmm me thinks that Audi must have a huge customer base that just accepts what they say and pays the bill!!!!!