£1.42

paddy

Reaction score
Had to pay £1.42 today for shell VP down south today. £79.00 to fill up. Total rip off....or Shell rip off i should say :)

Reactions: RS4B5 and leonwilliams
Have you tried going for momentum 99 or are you not a fan Paddy ?

I've got a money off voucher to use with Shell, so my next fill up will be Vpower but after that I'm sticking to Tesco99 until the price comes down again.

It's becoming an absolute joke, crude isnt that high at all tbh & flow has been increased, its a blatant rip off, why in gods hell are we paying even over a pound tbh.

Reactions: paddy
Now lads as i work in the oil industry and have to say it isn't cheap to get the stuff out off the ground , you have to consider the labour and Tool's cost to bring the black gold to the surface its mostly the shareholders wanting money nack on there investments and it does keep a few people in employment North n South .
That said it doesn't mean i agree with there prices

Reactions: NHN and maxpayne
I heard them talking while watching the football the other night and they said fuel in Russia is only 50p a litre and even cheaper in other countries around the world. Venezuela pay about that a gallon.... good ol’ UK ....

It's actually cheap in relative terms when you consider how much we pay for bottled water by the litre, milk, aftershave by the 100ml, and so on.
Its got to be an expensive operation to get it from the sea bed to the forecourt at the quality we expect.
Yes it hits us hard as we buy so much of it, but profits are higher for chocolate bars at petrol stations than they are for the litre of fuel.

That said, I would still like to see it back to where it was when i passed my test (64p per litre of diesel).

Bottom line is Nige is spot on, last time petrol hit 140 crude prices were $110 barrel, today they are $70 barrel.

Off to tesco again from now on.

Reactions: NHN
I appreciate 1st the work & effort, let alone expenses in getting to the pump & different countries have different break even barrel costs, but in the grand scheme, we are being ripped of.

I feel we're being forced to get on the electric grid in a hurry but the battery cars are beyond allot of peoples means overall & making there cars worthless won't go down well.

Reactions: paddy and Daveyonthemove
Same price over here with questionable quality and more than half the money going to the government.

£1.56 at Beaconsfield M40 services for Vpower last week... I almost threw up.

I would love to use Momentum 99, but it's a bit of a drive for me to fill up with it

I have an Asda and BP within a mile of me, but I used to drive 6 miles to next town for Vpower.
Now I try and tie in my fill ups at a Tesco along my journey as the nearest is 12 miles away, and that's a pain to drive to just for a fill up.

My local shell is 1/4 mile from a Tesco superstore so they have to keep their prices low otherwise no-one would fill up there.

Rule #1 - don not fill up on the motorway!

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I find it's just an absolute lottery. For months by me Tesco has been £1.17 for normal and £1.20 for momentum where everywhere else has been around £1.24 and now in the last 2 weeks Tesco has gone up to £1.25 normal and £1.32 for momentum and everywhere else has dropped to around the £1.17 mark! Drives me nuts!