£$%^&* Audi Bluetooth

It does take quite a time before the phonebook displays Nick.

It is also very important that you delete any previous pairings from the phone before installing the SW.

Not a good solution IMHO - It was one of the reasons I got rid of my N95.

Nick, cant say if it will be the same for the N96 as its FP2 but as VRStu has said, delete any previous pairings you had. then Id wait until your going to go off for a drive. You need to click the link, or type it in in your browser on the N95. Then select the contacts download for the symbian 3rd edition (2nd one down from memory) and install it. Then, (copied from http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=52585 comment #14) Delete any pairing as said. Turn off BT restart phone. Go to Menu>Applications on N95 and select the new download icon (pixelated car/pc pic) and launch that. You should get a prompt saying bluetooth is off, and let it turn it on. Turn audi to ignition. Download program should after a few seconds prompt for passcode Once thats done, your phone is pair with the car. You may want to go into BT and set it to an authorised pair. Go drive. I sat in my car trying it for ages ... without driving.... and it didnt work.. probably because I didnt wait long enough or it didnt happen quick enough. I then drove to work with it started and in the 10 mins it took to get there, it had done it. Now the menu button displays the phone book. Once the phone had paired, the download program should go to transferring...

Cheers guys - I followed t'instructions in both threads, but it no workee. Having said that, my commute to work is about 10 mins total, so it may not have had chance to sync. I'll just have to go for a longer drive!

You must have the contacts download manager installed and running, I have an N96 and have my contacts (175 or more) downloaded in about 1 minute from scratch.

You know its working as you can see the "transferring data" on your phone screen and your phone bleeps when the contacts are over.

s8craig

This is what I did:
1) Downloaded Nokia 810 Contact Download Application for Nokia S60 3rd edition
2) Deleted pairing between car and phone
3) Installed Download Application on phone
4) Started Download Application
5) Switched ignition on in car and paired car and phone
6) Waited (and waited and waited...!) I probably have 100 contacts tops

Is this correct?

what is it saying on the N96 screen??

Have you got to 'transferring data' yet or only processing??

Only processing. Tried again on the way home - followed the steps you listed Kontraband and it still didn't work

When I had problems and it got stuck at the processing stage it was sorted by re-installing the SW following the correct procedure.