Zenon head light bulb blown!!!

A4 PC

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first posting on here!!

I have got a A4 2008 Sline, i have only had it for 2 months and this morning the front nearside dip beam bulb blew. I nipped to Audi to get it fixed only to be told that it would cost £230.95!! They told me the bulb alone was £115 the rest was labour. Can anyone give me any advise please. I would attempt to do it myself but don't want to cause more damage.

Many thanks for any replies :)

This happened to me 2 months after I bought my 2008 S-line... frustrating - not sure these bulbs should be going at 3 years? If you've got full Audi service history and you're not too far out of warranty you might try getting some good will out of them! But I had to get mine done at an independent Audi garage for £200 :(

I'd be wary of ebay bulbs, make sure they're exactly the right ones as could end up causing you more trouble than they're worth!

contact audi CS 0800699888
There is a known fault on xenon bulbs, should be replaced under warranty

Took the car into audi today and they have come back with, it is not the just the bulb that isn't working ! As they put the new bulb in and that doesn't work either. They have kept the car to do further tests. Although they did say it may mean replacing the light unit at a cost of around £1000 :sadlike: Hopefully it could be covered with the warranty we took on it from Morotrway direct but not holding my breath.

mine just gone tonite turn the lights off and back on again and it works again foe 5 mins then goes off, does thins mean the bulb?

mine just gone tonite turn the lights off and back on again and it works again foe 5 mins then goes off, does thins mean the bulb?

Swap the bulbs over, if the problem moves with the bulb than thats the problem.
You could have a failing ballast..

Audi labour rates are a joke, if you live in the Newcastle area I'll show you how to change it out safely and dont forget to keep a spare in the boot, you can change D2S out in minutes.

i ordered 2 from hidsdirect, i am a machanic so getting bulb out is realy easy

Audi labour rates are a joke, if you live in the Newcastle area I'll show you how to change it out safely and dont forget to keep a spare in the boot, you can change D2S out in minutes.

ive got the bulb out but cant screw the cap back around the bulb wtf. help