yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Finally on the City of Sunderland which is due to dock in Tyne tomorrow afternoon:smiley:

Dealer emailed me this morning to say my car would be on the next boat from Germany. I think it's been 11 days now since it left the factory.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mine starts getting built a week today!

Not very exciting I grant you but it's all I have to offer.

Just been emailed... "And we're off. Production of your new Audi has begun."

A Week early. Woo hoo!
Your Audi tracker addiction has begun!

Reactions: NevMan
Your Audi tracker addiction has begun!

Mate... I've been checking daily for weeks. Worse than crack!

Last edited:
A lot worse believe you me having had two Audi's. Then there is a overwhelming desire to watch every YouTube video..

I am checking every day - but my order doesn't even appear yet!

The wife is already sick of me pointing out ever A4 we see on the road - 'One like that!'
My 3 yr old son on the other hand joins in, the other day we parked up next to an old Vauxhall Corsa 'There's an Audi Daddy - you have to drive that car'

Think me and my son are excited already, the wife just cares about what colour it is!

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
I am checking every day - but my order doesn't even appear yet!

The wife is already sick of me pointing out ever A4 we see on the road - 'One like that!'
My 3 yr old son on the other hand joins in, the other day we parked up next to an old Vauxhall Corsa 'There's an Audi Daddy - you have to drive that car'

Think me and my son are excited already, the wife just cares about what colour it is!
Haha, sounds like my wife.

Me looking for new car: internet research, test drive, look into options, check out options, colours etc on real cars, discuss possible deals.

Wife looking for new car: sits in car already researched, test driven and liked by me and comments on how comfortable it is and interior, chooses colour.

She really liked the TT, despite the fact we were looking for a 4 door, family car. By the time I got round to test driving the S4 she'd had enough of visiting dealers and said go for it. (She had sat in the S5 SB already)

CFB70CCA 3E96 4B1B A146 B8A6A3FCA21F

Once mine had left the factory it was marine traffic that I became hooked on, constantly looking at the forward schedules of the vehicle transporters and trying to 2nd guess which ship mine might or might not be on. There is a slim chance mine might arrive at the dealer this week, going to leave collection till first week of April as got a week in france sno boarding next week so that will take my mind off it and I don't want them rushing the pdi and prep.

Once mine had left the factory it was marine traffic that I became hooked on, constantly looking at the forward schedules of the vehicle transporters and trying to 2nd guess which ship mine might or might not be on. There is a slim chance mine might arrive at the dealer this week, going to leave collection till first week of April as got a week in france sno boarding next week so that will take my mind off it and I don't want them rushing the pdi and prep.

Now imagine your car is shipping from Mexico (SQ5) and you can increase the marine traffic watching by an order of magnitude. I’m currently tracking 3 boats from Mexico, up the East Coast and over to Emden. When it does eventually flip to shipping from Emden to Sheerness it’ll be a relief in comparison!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Be aware I was told I had 5 days free insurance when I collected my S4 but the dealer neglected to say it started 3 days earlier. When I sat down to organise my insurance and referred to the cover not I noticed it expired the day before. 24 HRs with no insurance

I nearly missed the SQ5 part and was wondering why the A4 was coming from Mexico...

Reactions: mxnrg
Hell of a journey for it to make, good job it isn't clocking it up on the odometer...

Given the number of on/off trains/trucks/RoRo ships they go through, I bet Q5s have more ‘delivery’ miles on them than Europe built cars...

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Seem to remember mine had about 16 miles on it. But that was in 2011 and think they were built at Ingolstadt back then.

Given the number of on/off trains/trucks/RoRo ships they go through, I bet Q5s have more ‘delivery’ miles on them than Europe built cars...

If only they had a dashcam...

Mine arriving at dealers tomorrow, only arrived in the UK on Monday so well pleased it has moved so quickly, hopefully get to see it in the flesh very soon:yahoo:

Maidstone Audi have been really on the ball, car arrived at Sheerness yesterday, they're expecting it at the dealership tomorrow, collecting on Tuesday. Already got the reg number and finance docs plus free insurance through too. Much quicker than expected!

All in all I found Maidstone quite attentive when it came to the purchase of my A4 aside from a few things they neglected, one being that the windscreen was filthy inside when I collected the car and I had asked for the handover room only to find my car parked outside when I arrived to collect it. Aside from that the salesperson was very good...

You guys are making me jealous. My car is still in 'Quality Control' on the tracker, has been like that for 5 days I think.

All in all I found Maidstone quite attentive when it came to the purchase of my A4 aside from a few things they neglected, one being that the windscreen was filthy inside when I collected the car and I had asked for the handover room only to find my car parked outside when I arrived to collect it. Aside from that the salesperson was very good...
Overall I'd say it's certainly been one of the more pleasant car buying experiences. This'll be my 5th car and 2nd Audi (2008 A3 was my very first car).

Almost feel sorry for anyone who still reads about my still not confirmed order, but still like using this forum to rant!! Long story short reminder; ordered start of December with car needed by mid May for current A4 lease returning, order still not confirmed and no build week.

Pushed dealer today to see if my car would be in April allocation build. They didn't answer direct and stated "unfortunately these cars are taking a considerable length of time to arrive, due to their high demand." And "it may take as long as May or June to arrive". I.e. no update!!

I pushed further asking directly what allocation they had for the car over the coming months and where I was on the list vs this allocation. No response!!

You guys are making me jealous. My car is still in 'Quality Control' on the tracker, has been like that for 5 days I think.
mine was best part of 10 days sitting at Emden, only seems to be one boat a week to Tyne, since then progress has been pretty quick. Really surprised it is going to be at the dealers tomorrow when its the furthest north dealer in the whole UK.

Mines been stuck at the UK port since the 9th March and its still there so frustrating was hoping it would be at Leeds Audi by now.

Overall I'd say it's certainly been one of the more pleasant car buying experiences. This'll be my 5th car and 2nd Audi (2008 A3 was my very first car).

Just be careful about letting them clean it, in the end I have a detail carried out because of the scratches they, and Eastbourne infflicted on my bodywork. They all use the same company..

Just be careful about letting them clean it, in the end I have a detail carried out because of the scratches they, and Eastbourne infflicted on my bodywork. They all use the same company..
I'll make sure I check it closely before leaving then. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: cuke2u
Nice! seems to progress each day to start with. Though now having got to Quality Control, I have been stuck there for 6 days running now.
It's because it's not the real progress, just updated each day automatically by the system. You can tell the difference between real and "predicted" steps by looking at the timestamps from the API.

It's because it's not the real progress, just updated each day automatically by the system. You can tell the difference between real and "predicted" steps by looking at the timestamps from the API.

Yeah I figured the same when I noticed they were all timestamped 12:00:00... To be fair we don't know how the Audi system works. It may legitimately take roughly 1 day for most of the steps, and the tracking system updates those parts at midnight hence the timestamp. Who knows!

Either way I wish it just took 1 day to build it and then they helicopter lifted it out direct to my driveway on a Chinook. I'd pay atleast a tenner for that service.

Mine is on a boat according to the tracker. I seem to have a lack of communication from the dealer though, I'm guessing it's probably 2-3 weeks away from collection.

Yeah I figured the same when I noticed they were all timestamped 12:00:00... To be fair we don't know how the Audi system works. It may legitimately take roughly 1 day for most of the steps, and the tracking system updates those parts at midnight hence the timestamp. Who knows!

Either way I wish it just took 1 day to build it and then they helicopter lifted it out direct to my driveway on a Chinook. I'd pay atleast a tenner for that service.
My dealer clearly had a much more up to date view than the tracker. He knew when it was about to go on the boat, when it was in the UK and when it was arriving at the dealership 1 or 2 days before the tracker updated.

Arrived at dealers this morning and managed a sneaky peak at it, couldn't see the interior too well as seat covers still on. Happy chappie cant wait to collect it now.
20180322 161258 2
20180322 161308 2

Reactions: AlnSaz, DohNut, Philio and 1 other person
7 days in quality control now.. maybe they found a lot of issues with my car and i'm getting a lemon :sos: :whistle2:

That will just be a glitch in the tracker, phone Audi CS and they will give you the correct status of your car.